places to visit > uk and eire

Bristol Bouldering Beta

(1/6) > >>

Plattsy:
Down Bristol way for a weekend soon and after some advice please.

Weather etc all being well I'll have Sunday morning into early afternoon to get out.

Started doing some research but happy to be pointed at some good stuff up low/mid 7s.

Like to look of Ladye Bay but the link to the topo on Beastly Squirrels blog is broken. Can I find it somewhere else?

All if it's wet which wall should I head to?

Cheers
Andy

Fiend:
Bloc. It's good.

AMorris:
Always Gollums cave, if you are keen and are up to date with all your vaccinations.

SA Chris:
Yew. Not a fun place.

Has esoteric bouldering website died?

Had some fun here when I lived down that way

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=15849

Duma:
Ha, look how tiny Squire is in that pic!

There's no really worthwhile bouldering within 45 mins of Bristol IMO. Biblins is decent but will be closed for bats until sometime in May. Huntsham is just under an hour and might be okay by March if the weather's been decent for a couple of days beforehand. It's NW facing and access is a bit iffy though. I wouldn't bother with Ladye Bay myself, similarly Bathford is really local interest only. If you're just in Bristol for the weekend I'd do city stuff and nip in to one of the walls for a quick hit - they'll likely all be packed until mid afternoon on sun though, esp if the weather's shit.

Esoteric bouldering was rebooted on TCA's site a while ago but looks like it was binned in the big revamp - at least I can't find it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version