the shizzle > MoonBoard

Moonboard for people who are weak and shit on the Moonboard

<< < (2/9) > >>

tomtom:
The moon board app is actually a secret means of communication for an intercontinental people smuggling syndicate. I4 and H6 refer to exchange locations and soft 6A means watch out the feds will be there.

tommytwotone:
I've had similar struggles on the Moonboard, though mainly due to my own weaknesses (being short and hip infelxibility).

Agree on the comments thing.

Like many areas on the internet (esp. YouTube, Guardian articles and Twitter as a whole), I think I can live without hearing the thoughts of randomers off the internet responding to the content on there.

slab_happy:
For my fellow Moonboard weaklings: I would like to rec "Bleak House" as an excellent, interesting problem with a funky start.

Fiend:
 :wave: :wave: :wave:

I had a recent epiphany that I am even more appallingly weak than usual. This was due to a cunning "getting back fitness strength and confidence for the summer season" plan which involved building up my sport redpointing and onsighting in tandem (correct) and then swiftly abandoning the former along with any form of training or anything that pushed me physically as soon as the latter was quite decent (very incorrect). Thus my rotpunkt grade (along with my bloque grade) is languishing at least a grade and a half below what it was this point last year despite a much bigger volume of climbing - all of which has been "treading water" when it comes to any form of actually training my muscles. The cunning result being I have less and less confidence that I have anything in reserve when it comes to proper climbing i.e. South Stack.

Thus imagine my glee when I discovered the recently revamped Awesome Stockport (very respectable new bouldering, with the same ear-vomitingly abysmal "greatest hits of 80s dad rock" soundtrack) has a Moonboard. Hurrah! Not only can I be weak, I can be proven weak and feel even more demoralised.

So it begins....

First impressions.

Non-wooden holds are shit and I wouldn't touch them with a brush-on-a-stick.

Even the wooden holds have enough texture to eventually sear my skin, although the shapes are tolerable.

Lights below the holds mean that the crux of 99% of foot-follow-hands problem is hanging around, hoping your neck can periscope like Ondra's, desperately trying to see what lone footholds you're allowed.

The lack of symmetry deeply offends my aspergers and I will be seeking counselling to cope with this. My brain is still itchy from it.

Feet-follow-hands is generally dire as it forces awkward contortions and is completely unnatural not having anything for the trailing foot.

The grades at the lower grades live up to their promise, i.e. sandbagged to horseshittery anything from 1 grade to 4 grades.

The app could do with a better intro for first time users.

In short I had plenty of fun and it felt like an alarmingly necessary use of my time  :blink:

moose:
Soft. Did it with one arm, missing out H11 and D15.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version