the shizzle > MoonBoard

Moonboard for people who are weak and shit on the Moonboard

<< < (9/9)

Fiend:
Yup. Standard typ, Moonboard Masters 2019, 40 degrees, all hold sets. One slight annoyance is there is a vertical sidewall perpendicular to the left side which can get a bit dabby pulling on there.

Fiend:
I've just managed my Moonboard BENCHMARK project, Design In Malice 6B+, after 30-40 attempts spread over 6-7 sessions. As I crawled through the incremental and demoralising micro-progression to get tiny bits closer, I was thinking 7A+ as the actual grade, on actually doing it it felt desperate but almost manageable, so I maybe thought 7A. But then trying and failing to repeat it (now having the moves dialled and with plenty of rest in between) I couldn't repeat it after several goes. So I'm settling on 7A+. Top quality benchmark, well done everyone.

I've noticed that as I've continued with the Moonboard session, it's been an interesting progression and by progression I actually mean regression. The first few sessions I did actually feel like progress, like I was "getting stronger", although I think what it actually was was simply re-awakening my body to pulling hard-for-me. Then there was a plateauing, at which point I didn't want to overtrain and not recover enough, so I dropped the sessions from twice weekly to once weekly, but also kept up with occasional outdoor bouldering sessions (training in themselves) as well as the ledge shuffling for all round exercise / activity, and plenty of rest otherwise, which would seem an optimum balance. The end result being the last few sessions I've, despite the "victory" above, felt myself get slowly but steadily weaker. Which is interesting.

Still, I've got the rest of my 40s and then into my 50s to keep getting stronger and stronger, and all those MB / FB / Campus PBs to look forward to....  :lol: :lol: :lol:    :'( :'( :'(

Fiend:

--- Quote from: Liamhutch89 on April 04, 2022, 11:43:34 am ---
--- Quote from: Fiend on April 04, 2022, 10:08:09 am ---
--- Quote from: Bradders on April 04, 2022, 09:56:41 am ---It's deeply upsetting to see climbing going this way though; just another conveyor belt of performance induced misery, leaching the heart and soul from the participants and regurgitating repetitive "competition" in the name of money and mass entertainment.

--- End quote ---
All you (pointing around in general) Goal Climbers are guilty (or the root cause?!) of this, it's the natural extrapolation of the tail-wagging-dog number-chasing mentality!!

--- End quote ---

You wave the Goal Climbers flag a lot, but everyone's goal is to get to the top of the climb. Your top might be a soaring arete in the Dales but it's no more or less valid than matching the jug in a roadside limestone cave or topping the lead comp route.

Last time I checked you had your very own moonboard progress thread to help achieve your cranking goals. I welcome you with open (strong) arms to the Goal Climbers Collective ;)

--- End quote ---
You keep your fucking long strong muscle-up arms away from me  :P

The difference is for me, I'm not trying to tick any particular numbers or indeed have any cranking goals, I'm just trying to tackling glaring weaknesses in my all round abilities.

And the difference with "everyone's goal is to get to the top of the climb"....

A hypothetical Competition Soul Climber wants to get to the top of the problem because it's an excellent challenge with fantastic climbing and an intriguing puzzle (and this is why I like watching competitions, for those aspects).

A  Competition Goal Climber wants to get to the top of the problem to get a medal (i.e. the same reasoning that an Outdoor Goal Climber wants to get their big number medal).

The latter is the one that comes with the issues that Bradders highlighted........

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version