the shizzle > MoonBoard

Moonboard for people who are weak and shit on the Moonboard

(1/9) > >>

slab_happy:
Okay, so for the last few months I have been developing a deep and meaningful relationship with the Moonboard, partly because everything on it is my anti-style.

It has practically all the things I'm bad at (steep stuff! body tension with feet on rubbish footholds! big jumpy moves! actual strength!) all rolled up into one board, and thus gives me no option but to work on my weaknesses.

So I thought I'd start a thread for mutual support among people who are spending time on the Moonboard because we're shit at it -- if there are any other similarly masochistic people out there.

(Just me then?)

Also, I will take any recs anyone's got for 6a+ problems that are good problems and somewhere in the vicinity of the grade. I'm hoping to build a little circuit of the ones I've sieged into submission and like enough to want to repeat.

yetix:
Which moonboard set up are you climbing on?

I've been working through the benchmarks recently (some are massively sandbagged) but its forcing me to do problems which style really don't suit me

slab_happy:

--- Quote from: yetix on February 04, 2019, 11:22:48 am ---Which moonboard set up are you climbing on?

--- End quote ---

Whoops, should have said: 2017.

I'm working on the benchmarks too, and there are some great problems in there, but I'd be interested if anyone has recs for particularly good non-benchmark problems.

moose:
I can't recommend any specific problems; I can only lend sympathy.  I suspect you have also striven mightily on a problem only to read comments (often from users with Polish names - what are they eating there?!) along the lines of "soft, felt 6a, did it missing out holds  I4 and H6" (which would seem to require a succession of one-armer dynos).

slab_happy:
One of my current nemeses is named "Warm-up on Big Ones", so I'm just accepting and trying to embrace the humiliation here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version