UKBouldering.com

Shoulder surgery recovery (Read 1374 times)

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
Shoulder surgery recovery
January 23, 2019, 09:31:24 pm
I finally had my surgery yesterday, phew.

I had a left shoulder arthroscopy, tenotomy of bicep and bursectomy. Man, it smarts a fair deal the next day. I’ve come away from hospital a little worried as I’ve not been given a sling, and the only way my arm is remotely comfortable is held against my torso (like it’s in a sling)

I have to call physio tomorrow so will check then. Anyone had a similar operation?

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#1 Re: Shoulder surgery recovery
January 23, 2019, 10:55:19 pm
No. I wish you a -relatively- speedy recovery though as I’m trying to recover from more minor shoulder woes of my own. It seems like progress is zero at times and then all of a sudden noticeably improved-  it goes in fits and starts. Might be something to bear in mind if you’re struggling for patience!

tomtom

• forum hero
#2 Re: Shoulder surgery recovery
January 24, 2019, 08:35:39 am
Glad it eventually got done Mike. Good luck with the recovery.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#3 Re: Shoulder surgery recovery
January 24, 2019, 01:23:33 pm
What a difference a day can make. I feel miles better today, lots more movement in my arm. Spoke to physio and she said get it moving, but not too much heavy stuff.

It's been a long old time since the original injury, and mentally it's been hard work. No climbing or exercise of any sort really, in constant pain from my shoulder and throw a new baby and first time mother into the mix and I'm about worn out.

I have missed the physical motion of climbing a great deal, so I'm counting down the time until i can get out again.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal