UKBouldering.com

ankle Achilles problem (Read 7145 times)

rich d

• forum hero
#25 Re: ankle Achilles problem
January 14, 2019, 01:58:48 pm
it's the perspective Mike (hopefully) although I did wonder if I'd grown cankles overnight.

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#26 Re: ankle Achilles problem
January 14, 2019, 08:45:28 pm
That looks bang on mid-portion tendon, not one of the bursae. This is the classic tendinopathy most likely to respond to an eccentrics programme.  It's a not trivial amount of swelling but not uncommon to see this:

From here.

I've spent an entertaining 10 minutes watching Karate videos, so now consider myself an expert. There seems to be a lot of bouncing up and down on your toes. Increased amounts of this over a fairly short time would be a pretty obvious route to tendinopathy (many climbing analogies). There is also a certain amount of smacking people in the head with your heel, which might not be too clever for the Achilles either, though this could be over-represented in the 10 best Karate KOs genre thrown up on YouTube.

Usual disclaimers: pay far more attention to someone that has actually spoken with you and examined you.

rich d

• forum hero
#27 Re: ankle Achilles problem
January 14, 2019, 08:53:14 pm
cheers Duncan. eccentrics it is then, although i'm going to continue stretching my calf as its tight and see how that goes,until my physio referal from the gp comes through

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal