the shizzle > two wheel spiel

MTB clothing recommendations

<< < (2/6) > >>

SamT:
I guess finding a pair of padded inners that are comfy is a start too, but impossible without trying them on.  Mine feel a bit too much like I'm wearing an oversize nappy

nik at work:
And I can never unsee that... :lol:

But cheers for the advice so far everyone, exactly what I was after  :2thumbsup:

Paul B:
I've recently bought myself a MTB.  :devangel:

My Fox Ranger gloves seem great (bought from an online retailer).

My 5.10 access seem pretty good at sticking to my flats (I'm a complete n00b though).

I was pretty shocked to receive a pair of Troy Lee shorts for Christmas which are hand wash only  :o (they seem to be doing fine in the washing machine).

tomtom:
I’ve got some £10 decathlog mtb shorts that are great. Though I only wear them for climbing (and in the beach a couple of times..)... stretchy and a decent cut for my skinny limbs.

tlr:
Brand wise something like Endura is not a bad starting point. They do stuff at a wide variety of price points, and are a lot less garish than stuff like Fox or Troy Lee, They are based in Scotland so probably a bit better suited to our typical riding conditions too.

I'm sure you have some of this from outdoor already, but I'd start with a long sleeved baselayer, a couple of pairs of padded bib shorts (the best you can afford), a pair of baggy shorts and a relatively cheap cycling jersey. If you intend to use a hydration pack then any tech tee will do as you won't need the pockets.

For summer a simple pertex type gilet or jacket will probably suffice, and as the position on an mtb is less extreme than on a road bike, walking/climbing ones will do. For winter a Vapourise style jacket can be very handy too.

Pads are a personal thing, and pretty pricey. As my wheels very rarely leave the ground I have never bothered other than in the Alps, but you do see plenty of folk pedalling slowly round the Peak fully padded up. If you intend on jumping around then they might be worth investigating. 

5.10 are the default flat pedal brand, and there are loads of options if you do clip in instead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version