places to visit > indoor walls

London wall for easy bloque tours....

(1/4) > >>

Fiend:
It's that time of year when I reluctantly and briefly as possibly insert myself into the festering spunkpit that is London, and to prolong / distract myself from the misery I intend to do some easy bouldering at an indoor wall.

Last year I went to the Arch Biscuit Factory which was quite decent despite being surprisingly smelly and everyone wearing socks and having tiny lockers.

This year I will be arriving into Euston so looking for something easily tubeable from there (thinking Vauxwalls or West1) AND I am somewhat broken so need a physio-encouraged easy circuit or two. The standard have been set high by Eden Rocks up here that have delightful varied and slopey easy circuits on steady angles which is what I'm after (unlike the mundane juggy yobbishness of TCA easy circuits), so I'd like something of that ilk - if I can do loads of problems  only up to 6B and not pull on some massive Core bucket that would be ace.

Recommendations please thanks :)

Also it will be Monday PM if anyone wants to come along and laugh at me.

cowboyhat:
The best wall in London is Stronghold at Tottenham Hale.

100s of problems in the grade range you're describing and really great setting.

Its 15 mins on the tube and then only a two minute walk.

https://www.thestrongholduk.com/

joel182:
Lots of good options within about half an hour of Euston.

West1 is inside a leisure centre and has very limited bouldering, best if you live close and want routes up to about 7a.

In my opinion the quality of setting around London is generally high, and it’s often the same setters going round all the walls.

VauxWall and VauxEast are both good modern bouldering walls, decent range of angles and holds. VauxWall is in old railway arches, and so the walls are a bit smaller, can be cramped but that shouldn’t be a problem on Monday.

Stronghold is another good modern bouldering wall, taller walls and more spacious than the Vauxes.

The Castle, being split over many levels, is less well suited to circuiting that the other walls, but the off-circuit problems should add some nice hold variety in the grade range you’re after.

Fiend:
Cheers beasts. Stronghold does look good indeed. Although looking at all the blobs and slopers in the photo it might make me cry that I can't try harder stuff there at the mo....

sxrxg:
Would agree with the above. Whenever I am in London for meetings now I tend to head to Stronghold and then get a train from Euston back North. Super easy on the tube and then a short walk. Good setting at all grades when I last visited and also doesn't seem to be quite as rammed full of idiots as the other London walls I have been to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version