UKBouldering.com

Questions from modern life google can't answer (Read 3905 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Questions from modern life google can't answer
December 20, 2018, 02:52:58 pm
After a recent invasion in our garage i am wondering if trapped dead mice should go in;

a) landfill bin
b) food waste bin
c) garden compost

Recycling clearly not being an option.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Assuming it was trapped not poisoned can you chuck it on the garden overnight for fox/owl/badger to scavange?

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
What you definitely don't do is sling a whopping dead rat that appears on the back lawn into the main wheelie bin just after its been collected. The rat then starts to rot and sticks to the bottom. When the wheelie bin gets tipped upside down into the bin lorry two weeks later, the decomposing rat carcass sticks stubbornly to the base of the wheelie bin, glue on by corpse-glue. You have to hold your breath while opening the wheelie bin for the next two years.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
What you definitely don't do is sling a whopping dead rat that appears on the back lawn into the main wheelie bin just after its been collected. The rat then starts to rot and sticks to the bottom. When the wheelie bin gets tipped upside down into the bin lorry two weeks later, the decomposing rat carcass sticks stubbornly to the base of the wheelie bin, glue on by corpse-glue. You have to hold your breath while opening the wheelie bin for the next two years.

I love this forum.

Fuck how obscure or obscene an activity, occurrence or profession might be; one of us is an experienced practitioner.

All hail the disposer rats!

SA Chris

• forum hero
You've underestimated google...

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/ethical_living/585189-into-which-recycling-bin-should-i-put-a-dead-rat

That thread is genius. Almost as funny as the mum's net Center Parcs discussion (do not look up on a work computer).

Since when should you not put bones in food bin? We put chicken bones in there all the time.

SA Chris

• forum hero

Likewise, if you have a really rotten black egg, don't just throw it in the wheelie bin to get rid of it, for similar reasons. I think the smell may be even worse, I've never known anything quite as bad. 6 moths on, the smell hasn't quite gone.

webbo

• forum hero
On the other channel they are trying to get rid of a live rat. We haven’t got the where with all to get rid of a dead one on here.

tomtom

• forum hero
A live rat is much easier. Just open the door and let it walk out. :)

tomtom

• forum hero
After a recent invasion in our garage i am wondering if trapped dead mice should go in;

a) landfill bin
b) food waste bin
c) garden compost

Back to the OP.

When I had mice in the welsh cottage I was living in, I’d just throw the corpses into the hedge outside.

As Nai said - whatever carnivorous creatures were about would snacflw them up within the hour.

Wil

• obsessive maniac
    • Wil Treasure
I was looking after my parents' farm for a week last summer at the height of a rat infestation. I spent many happy hours with a Jack Russell and a shovel clearing them out of the barn.

They all went on the roof and the red kites had them in no time.

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
a) landfill bin
b) food waste bin
c) garden compost

d) into the stuffing mix for the Christmas turkey

Waste not want not. Better get in practice for those post March 29th food shortages.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
a) landfill bin
b) food waste bin
c) garden compost

d) into the stuffing mix for the Christmas turkey

Waste not want not. Better get in practice for those post March 29th food shortages.

Surely, the freezer would be more prudent?

At least until the blackouts start...

SA Chris

• forum hero

I did consider that, good source of protein.

As for chucking them in the garden, the only thing that might go for them is a gull round here, and most likely my daughter would find it first, bring it in and try to revive it, even though it's head is clearly pancaked. She's going to make a very optimistic vet one day.

tomtom

• forum hero
Pop em in a Jiffy bag and send them to someone you don’t like.

SA Chris

• forum hero
What's your address again? :)

tomtom

• forum hero
What's your address again? :)

Simon Lee,
Oak House,
Malham crescent,
Sheffield.
S7 2FU.

If you rush it might get there before Xmas!

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Post code is - UC11NT

user deactivated

Blimey, more solid use of the nations favourite swear word. Watch out the haters will be outraged soon ooooh how dare you etc

tomtom

• forum hero

SA Chris

• forum hero
Bagged 6, up until Xmas eve, at which point not a creature was stirring. Job done, nothing since.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal