UKBouldering.com

Klubo Potenco 452 2018 22-28 Oct 2018 (Read 7394 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
Klubo Potenco 452 2018 22-28 Oct 2018
October 28, 2018, 02:02:36 pm
Afternoon all.

M: Anston with Nai. Worked a couple of moves I’d not managed on Reservation. Meant I’d done all the moves in isolation - but not linked (apart from the tippety of the top out). Brief play on my nemesis (BetaBlocker) but nothing in the tank. I felt like shit IIRC, having had a really poor nights sleep the night before...

We: Anston with Nai again. Just focused on BetaBastardBlocker. Nai got angry with it - I eventually managed how to do the top part (my body geometry means the regular way means my legs / body is too bunched - but I’m a bit too short (little violin time) for the obvious alternative way. Anyhoo figured something out - but nothing left in the tank to do it from the bottom. Literally nothing - core failure - feet wouldn’t stay on the wall etc...

Sa: Blackstone edge. Proper cold - ice on the ground still when I got there and a decent (do-able) northerly wind. Good conditions - but felt a bit glassy on some bits of rock - certainly not Velcro++. Took a LONG time to warm up - shoes inside the duvet between goes - proper winter conditions at last. Tried to warm up on the crag walls (recalibrate etc...) but slick with dried green. Moved to Blackstone best boulders - (Blackstone Best is a superb problem) and finally warmed up. Test on Fridge Hugger to see if it felt any easier than when I last tried it a year or two ago. Nope. Managed to get ‘Lady’s not for Gurning’ 7B that I’d nearly got three weeks back. Though used a different way to top out this time. Possibly even stylish in terms of no belly flops or grovels over the slopey lip (video below). Tried the arête on the left which was fun but no joy (examining video afterwards showed that Mike Adams did it in a different more face on way than me).

Decent week - winter is here (grit wise) hope to get BetaBollocker done before closing my lime account for 2018.

Murph

• forum abuser
#1 Re: Klubo Potenco 452 2018 22-28 Oct 2018
October 28, 2018, 05:28:31 pm
Nice hat Tom!

M-kettlebells, dishes
T-kettlebells, Rubicon session with Measles. I wasn’t so great. Multiple goes trying to repeat Kudos but wasn’t feeling it. Last time it was a retro flash. I’ll win it back. Measles was in fine form and gave me the beta for Tsunami which I thought particularly optimistic.
W-10k run to work. Ok.
T-half decent session at the works. Did 10 greens, 10 blues, 10 pinkles, 10 blacks, 10 yellows and then tried to do some laps on the baby board. The baby board is difficulter than I remember but will be good to regularly try it. No fingerboard!
F-kettlebells, dishes.
S-10k run. Ok. Kettlebells and dishes.
S-Rubicon session. Bone mint perfect conditions. Long may the lime season last! Repeated bigger splash which had seemed disproportionately harder than I remember it first time (TT that was when you were giving me the numbers). But this time was ok. Nearly repeated BSD but kept having that brain fart thing where couldn’t bring myself to snatch the hold despite getting fingers comfortably on it (anyone know the cure?). Could have been frustrating but I’m taking the positives from the session. Kettlebells and dishes.

Really psyched. Motivated. Eating right (cutting out junk basically) and seeing improvements.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#2 Re: Klubo Potenco 452 2018 22-28 Oct 2018
October 28, 2018, 05:48:21 pm
Ta TT

11.2-3 average 156.7lbs up 1.2lbs on last week

M.

T. Malham with Paul. Sunny and glarey to begin with then cloudy and cooler not quite mint. Warmup on Cons. warmup on Oak was hard. Fingers felt tired or unreactive so probably still recovering from training and fingerboarding on sunday. Took about 8 attempts to do the very first move FFS. Worked hard to get my shit together and eventually rewarded with a ground to decent throw for the horn. Pretty rubbish performance in the scheme of things. Now written off the new foothold for roll over to cramped sidepull. Think I’ve lost the stamina to do the top section even if I get through to the horn

W

T

F Malham. Up with Paul. 7.5 degrees general temps but must have been in the 20's on the catwalk. Killed time for 3 hours waiting for shade which was torture and this only left a 2 hour window for hard climbing before it got dark. Did three decent burns from the ground - each time setting up properly and going for horn but either touching it or not getting it properly. An improvement. Was pretty useless on top section at the end. Toes of new whites already gone soft.

S

S Crisp and cold. Rude not to go out. Soloed 6 routes at Stanage Popular before a sleety squall came in.

Psyche flagging, weight slipping. Finally going well on bottom but too little, too late. Booked to go up tues with Paul, Guy and Ethan and again with Guy on friday. Cloudy and light rain forecast which is good.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 10:58:13 pm by shark »

Murph

• forum abuser
#3 Re: Klubo Potenco 452 2018 22-28 Oct 2018
October 28, 2018, 06:07:37 pm
The night is darkest right before dawn Shark. Dig deep.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

tomtom

• forum hero

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#6 Re: Klubo Potenco 452 2018 22-28 Oct 2018
October 28, 2018, 07:15:25 pm

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#7 Re: Klubo Potenco 452 2018 22-28 Oct 2018
October 28, 2018, 08:03:53 pm
M- Anston with TT, started ok with new the pad making me confident enough to complete the tops of a lot of the problems on the Wave wall for the first time but then struggled on the Reservation cut loose and couldn't even suss Beta Blocker, which I'd done quickly 18 months previously on the come back from a back problem and declared it soft.
Took my frustration out on the TRX back home

T Pretty sore. Leg & Core day

W Had spent since leaving Anston on Monday saying I wasn't going back on Wednesday then somehow found myself there still unable to do do anything with the Reservation lip or BB and had bit of a meltdown.

Th - Max hangs, decent scores then headed to Burbage South and did Violence 2nd go after doing the top out as a warm up.  Happy to do this and pleased to do it in good style, managed to keep the heel in place on the flake and stretch for the slopey lip rather than turn it into a toe and slap.
Quick play on the Mini Prow, sussed how to do it but wanted a spotter.
Calisthenic BW stuff, pretty good.

F - school INSET day but luckily nipper requested we go to the Foundry and skatepark.  Unfortunately my shoulder wasn't playing nice so only managed 10-15 autobelay routes up to 6a and did a lot of belaying.  Lunch then an hour at the skate park then cake and core back home.

S rest

S - weighed in at a year high.
max hangs - started strong with Season Bests on first two grips then just flopped and was down to 90% on the rest
had lunch and a rest then:
2/5 sets of holds on system board then flaked and called that a day
gymnastic stuff, some ok Cranes but then that soon went to pot as well
Core

measles23

• stalker
#8 Re: Klubo Potenco 452 2018 22-28 Oct 2018
October 28, 2018, 10:25:33 pm
65.8kg (lowest since moving in with other half 12yrs ago, and consequent continual forced calorific intake)

M- nul
T- lime with murph - the G was soaked, so met murph at a mint rubicon to support his expressed aim of working tsunami, which he promptly then ignored like it was the pretty girl at the club that he was too shy to ask out  :slap:; the session felt flat but in retrospect pretty good - did all moves on bigger belly, including the 3rd move for the first time properly; def a problem where the whole is more than the sum of the parts though, so not too keen to project it just yet..
Popped back to the G on the way home to experiment with my new Ryobi fan; pretty impressed - it effectively dried a soaked hold in about 10 minutes.. pulled on to sort my foot beta for second move of mutton bustin; duly sorted and I now have full sequence completely wired ready for the next drought..
W-nul
T- Stoke AW 2.5hrs - good session - flashed two of the new greens (V6/V7), did Col’s roof V8, all moves on the cave salmon V8, 1hr on moonboard including a 3 move link on Sam’s crimpy problem.
1 armers: 5 sets singles per side, one brief set per side campussing.
F- nul
S- Stoke AW 2hrs - 2 more V7s and did the salmon cave V8 first try. More campussing (4 to 1 drop downs - 3 sets per side) (happy with this as I’ve not been able to campus for a couple of years due to MCP joint injury..). Ring dips 3x3.

Been mighty impressed experimenting with antihydral this week - I’d always thought it was mainly for toughening skin for multi-day trips, sadly not a luxury I get to suffer from, but it’s feckin awesome for controlling sweaty tips indoors from just one application the night before - I’m always failing indoors by greasing off, and this is a game changer, hence V8s dropping like flies..

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
#9 Re: Klubo Potenco 452 2018 22-28 Oct 2018
October 28, 2018, 10:40:55 pm
Been mighty impressed experimenting with antihydral this week - I’d always thought it was mainly for toughening skin for multi-day trips, sadly not a luxury I get to suffer from, but it’s feckin awesome for controlling sweaty tips indoors from just one application the night before - I’m always failing indoors by greasing off, and this is a game changer, hence V8s dropping like flies..

A word of caution here: it’s very easy to go from this good result to having hard glassy skin that makes anything but positive crimps feel super slippy, particularly on plastic. It seems to vary vastly from person to person but i only use it once every 10 days when I’m climbing a lot in winter (more frequently in hot trips).

measles23

• stalker
#10 Re: Klubo Potenco 452 2018 22-28 Oct 2018
October 29, 2018, 07:13:19 am
Thanks I was wondering how often - was planning on twice a week with plenty of moisturisation in between, but maybe that’s too often?

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
#11 Re: Klubo Potenco 452 2018 22-28 Oct 2018
October 29, 2018, 08:20:55 am
M: Tag rugby. Lost game, more friction burns…

T: Arch. Warmed up climbing problems then got on the 50. Really good session. Climbed a few of the "set" problems then made up two of my own which I really enjoyed. Used the "Open Climb" app to record them, so anyone down the Arch go check them out

W: Arch. Did all the Blues V1-3 (20min) then all the Yellows V2-4 (35min) before finishing on some rings and back physio

T:

F:

S: Red Spider. Back home home so went to check this out. Not a bad facility with some fun comp problems. Cool board but the sloping pad that follows you up is annoying. Did most of the comp problems and made up a few nice things on the board
Local golf course driving range with Mum and gf. Good fun, remembering the tekkers from when I used to have lessons. Hit some balls quite far and didn't kill anybody

S:

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
#12 Re: Klubo Potenco 452 2018 22-28 Oct 2018
October 29, 2018, 08:43:34 am
Thanks I was wondering how often - was planning on twice a week with plenty of moisturisation in between, but maybe that’s too often?

I'd prob start at the cautious end and use it maybe every fortnight; it's very obvious when it's stopped working and your tips starts sweating again, at which point you can choose to apply more frequently. I think there's a few threads with different people's experiences floating about.

Murph

• forum abuser
#13 Re: Klubo Potenco 452 2018 22-28 Oct 2018
October 29, 2018, 08:52:10 am
She is a very pretty girl, Matt! Have to practice on the fat ones first. Tuesday led to Sunday which was actually pretty good. No regrets. Good work on the weight!

Nai - good to hear you did Violence, and max hang warmup sounds like great tactics.

tomtom

• forum hero
#14 Re: Klubo Potenco 452 2018 22-28 Oct 2018
October 29, 2018, 09:21:16 am

A word of caution here: it’s very easy to go from this good result to having hard glassy skin that makes anything but positive crimps feel super slippy, particularly on plastic. It seems to vary vastly from person to person but i only use it once every 10 days when I’m climbing a lot in winter (more frequently in hot trips).

More of a problem for grit/plastic than sharp polished limestone though? ;)

jamesturnbull97

• addict
#15 Re: Klubo Potenco 452 2018 22-28 Oct 2018
October 29, 2018, 09:51:55 am
M.

T. Malham. Finally some good redpoints on Bats and Dogs, through the Bat route boulder 3 times. 1. Fell matching the ‘bird dish’ with an annoying foot slip, was feeling good 2. Fell matching dish again 3. Numbed out in boulder, fumbled top undercut 4. Completely missed to jug at the end of the boulder like a complete spanner was feeling good too 5. Massively surprised myself and probably Al by getting through the boulder on my 5th go of the day! Fell going to the dish through a combination of powering out and another foot slip. A major breakthrough getting through to the kneebars again having only ever done it the once when I did Bat route and then to get into Rainshadow each go, defiantly feel like I can do it now. Good day out with the regular crew.

W.

T. Malham with Al and Ben. 3x RP on RBAD, twice through the boulder. First go felt good fell at the hard flick at the end of the traverse, 3rd go the clag had begun to descend so felt very much sub-optimal fell going to the bird dish.

F.

S. Malham with Jim and John. 2x RP on RBAG. One go in the sun and even though the air temp was along around 5 degrees it still feels a bit warm climbing in the sun!! Second go mint conditions in the evening shade, fell again at the hard flick on the trav. Feeling more solid each session and the BR boulder is now feeling trivial so fingers crossed.

S. You guessed it 2x more RPs on RBAD. Slightly warmer than yesterday and really good conditions in the shade. Felt good and managed to stick the flick at the end of the trav and get all the through to the big move at the end of RS, had a descent go at it but was feeling pretty powered by that stage. Getting closer!

Feeling good on the route now can probably get back on it Tuesday and early on Wednesday morning for a last ditch effort to get it doe before the end of the season for me and jetting off the America. On the plus side these will hopefully get a bit more interesting when I start going to some different places.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#16 Re: Klubo Potenco 452 2018 22-28 Oct 2018
October 29, 2018, 09:57:19 am
Struggling to remember much of the earlier part of the week.

M -
T - Depot. Warmed up. Might have done a new yellow? Went to board room and did the 30 problem which evaded me last time. Trick was much longer rests and using it earlier in the session. Ben came so hung out in the main room with him on purples. Later asked why he wasn't on the board and he said because I was there  :wub: we should have just got on the board.
W -
T - brother arrives at ours. He's visiting from Singapore. Drove to lakes with him and camped (he described it as monstrous and begged for a b&b)
F - Fry up. Followed by a VD on Upper Scout, a D on Tarn Crag, followed by half of Jack's Rake and Gwynne's Chimney on Pavey. Climbed in boots all day. Brothers first experience of outdoor climbing. Gwynne's Chimney (Diff) probably one of the harder pitches I've led this year. Streaming with water and very polished. Really had to get quite brave.
S - a couple of family walks and trips to the park.
S - baby pool with daughter. Then the Welly Walk at Bolton Abbey. Had to redpoint some of the obstacles but did get the tick.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#17 Re: Klubo Potenco 452 2018 22-28 Oct 2018
October 29, 2018, 11:56:04 am
Rehab Diaries week Ten.

M- Rest. Not too tired after a day at the crag the previous day.  :dance1:

T- Did some pull-ups in the day- two sets of 4, which is a post- injury PB.
In the evening I took a deep breath and went to Horseshoe Quarry to confront my fear of abseiling. Put a rope on the main wall and jugged up and abbed down multiple times, plus some hanging around. Made it 2/3rds of the way up on highest go. It was very scary at first and I had flashbacks but in the small daylight window I had I made good progress.  :smart: Going the whole way up next time.

W- Gym. 30 minutes on the bike, levels increased by 1 as usual. Really hard but it does me loads of good. Did some more pull-ups on return- did a set of five.  :weakbench:

T- Short walk in the evening. No trad climbers in the whole Burbage Valley! Felt pretty wintery.

F- Rest.

S- Stanage Popular. Led two VDiffs, seconded a Hard Severe, all of which I’d soloed numerous times in the past. Not new grades for me post-injury but they felt really quite steady (no power screams required!) which is a great sign.

S- Rest. Didn’t sleep too well but still not that tired.

Now it’s cold I’m facing my first winter of not being able to boulder. I can’t remember the last time I couldn’t feel my hands leading a grit route! Need to make a good plan to still keep getting out.

This week I also made the discovery that I’m now quite a bit shorter than I was... I used to stretch by reaching up and touching the bedroom ceiling with each hand- when I tried it a few weeks ago I was nowhere near  :unsure: but put it down to having no lost strength in my core and legs. Now I’m stronger I still can’t do it and when I compared myself to the doorframe mine and my sister’s childhood heights are marked on this week I was shocked to find that I’m 4-5cm below the last mark!   :ohmy:

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#18 Re: Klubo Potenco 452 2018 22-28 Oct 2018
October 29, 2018, 02:11:56 pm
Looks like a good week that Cheque, nice one. Something positive almost every day.

M - skin mush. Rest

T - more rest.

W - Fingerboard and core. Did the freestyle set of repeaters with 10kg added weight. Time to add a smaller hold this week. Core exercises felt desperate this week but kept rest to a minimum.

T - Depot. Incredibly busy again so bailed to the back room and fell of the 50 for a while. Finger hurt after the session so might look at campusing as an alternative method of training power that requires less volume?

F - beers in the evening.

S - back at Malham. Baltic northerly walking in but fortunately going straight over the top of the crag so quite warm on the catwalk. 1st go on Predator the best. New high point to the start of the flake/crisp/heel crux sequence and then linked it to the top after a rest. Refined beta a bit on second go which ended lower and was knackered on third go, but worked new sequence out to get to the rest which should definitely help. Good session but in the hands of the weather gods as to how close I get this year.

S - hungover as had been down in Sheffield with a few friends the previous night. Intended to go climbing but never materialised. Went for a walk instead!

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#19 Re: Klubo Potenco 452 2018 22-28 Oct 2018
October 29, 2018, 05:21:10 pm
Power Club

Mon - fingers, garage session on 1,5 and 0,9 cm edges. Various regular and one arm hangs. Low volume. Power clean, singles up to 90% of 1 rep max (72 kg). Deadlift, singles up to 90% (120 kg), then 3x2 at 100 kg. Lock offs, 20", 30", 40". Clean and press empty bar. Nice session.
Tue - rest.
Wed - wanted to climb but was cut short on time so did weights. Dumbbell complex, pull ups (lock offs), tricep planks 6x5. Ab wheel, high pulls, overhead carry 10/10/1'x3.
Thu - system, dyno and down, 4x6. Then board climbing, did a problem that I had set the previous week, fourth go. Tired. Weights. Even more tired. Very happy.
Fri - rest.
Sat - rest, kind of.
Sun - mega session! Anticipated Monday's crimp session. 4x4 mixed with a dumbbell complex. Then foot on campusing on back3 4x4 mixed with 30" lock offs. Finished with abs and 2' loaded carries x4. Brilliant.

Very happy about the climbing.

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#20 Re: Klubo Potenco 452 2018 22-28 Oct 2018
October 29, 2018, 07:28:09 pm
It's been about three weeks as I've been on the road.  Short and long of it was that I was out for three weeks.  Climbed a total of 7 times and mountain biked 8 days.  No injuries.  Managed to flash 3 7c's and a bunch of 7a's and 7b's, and climbed 3 7c+'s.  Also did a few trad routes, which was sooo hard and entertaining.  Had generally good technique, but missing certain muscles and missing the ability to know how hard to jam to make it stick. 

Going into about 10 weeks of dedicated training for a January trip to Hueco.  Super stoked. 

Yossarian

• forum hero
#21 Re: Klubo Potenco 452 2018 22-28 Oct 2018
October 30, 2018, 01:57:33 pm
Weight: 88.1kg

STG: 147, 7ANYTHING, weight down to 85kg
MTG: 7anything
LTG: 8something

M: Comp style problems. I often struggle to control / deaden momentum / swing, especially on steep sloper problems, although general strength improvements seem to be helping with this. Generally try to use reach / height to do these static, and then everything in my power to I avoid cutting loose, leaving leaping like a loon to the 15-year-olds.
T: Back for more with daughter. Not terribly successful, and fingertips left bright red and throbbing.
W: Yoga and stretching
T: Weighted pull-ups (to +30kg) and front lever progression
F: Max hangs, up to +30kg
S: Gorged on new slab / vertical problems, trying to flash as much as possible. Great fun, and lower intensity probably a good thing after a couple of heavier weeks.
S: Yoga and stretching

Enjoyable week and regular flexibility sessions have been fun plus their effects regularly deployed. Nothing outdoors happening imminently, so back to some more focused strength stuff for the next couple of weeks.

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#22 Re: Klubo Potenco 452 2018 22-28 Oct 2018
October 30, 2018, 08:43:50 pm

Well done on the wet Diff Will!

STG: strength work (bouldering / fingerboard) 2-3 times a week. Manage aches and pains.
MTG: a proper 7b+ this year.
LTG: a classic Pembroke E5; 5.13 at 60

M - Stretches, shoulder strengthening
T - Vauxwall east - 20x V0-V1.  Gotterdammerung.
W - Stretches
T - Vauxwall east - 20x V1-V2. 
F - Vauxwall east - 16x V0-V1. 
S - Flight to Reus. Cold and raining on arrival. Met Dani and managed a couple of very easy routes before it got dark.
S - Cold and wet in Cornudella, so headed for Margalef which was cold but not wet. Scratched up some easy 6s but mainly got spanked. I don’t get on with the place for some reason.
M - Baltic and windy at Siurana, even Lancastrians were complaining of the cold, but just about climbable in the sheltered spots. More easy 6s.
T - Cold and sunny! Hurrah! Shame to be going home. Battered, but grabbed a 6b+ before heading for the airport.

Elbow is recovering well, shoulder is 90%, but fitness is woeful. Injury and minimal climbing for 8 months will do that.

Great to be moving on rock with minimal pain. First Siurana trip with no 7-something tick for about 10 years. Had a fun time, managed some good climbing-as-therapy routes, and had a scope around some less familiar areas confirming a couple of possible long term projects look really inspiring. 

Stayed at Montsant Natura refugio. Thumbs-up for a short trip if you’re OK with small shared rooms or a dorm: warm, good hot showers, and a pleasant cooking/dining area. No kitchen equipment so bring your own stove and pot or eat out. I’ll be back.

Plan: gradually ramp up the bouldering. Ease off the stretches - almost there now - and increase the shoulder supportive strength work

Aussiegav

• forum abuser
    • Climberbiker.
#23 Re: Klubo Potenco 452 2018 22-28 Oct 2018
November 03, 2018, 12:04:45 am
Mon; 22nd Oct

5 rds of core then Nappy fingers on #Beastmaker

Felt stronger tonight on half crimps. Feels.that I’m making some slight progress.

For the max strength drill i tries 2 finger hang on small 2 finger pocket. But not able to dead hang that yet. Feeling more comfortable on larger 2 finger edge though.

Tues 23rd Oct indoor session @ Awesome Walls
Did 4 sets of capacity power. Two on the same 6a+ and two on the 6a as last week. I was climbing with two others and got the feeling that by doing 2 consequective laps and taking a 10min rest was disruptive to their session. So i just reverted back to alternating routes.

Ended up a really taxing session. 19 routes in 3hrs 30.

Overall, it was great evening of climbing

25th Oct
The nerd effect from @latticetraining

PDSA, PLAN DO STUDY ACT

Its a quality improvement model & methodology. I’m applying it to my #fingerboard session.

The model for improvement provides a framework for developing, testing and
implementing changes leading to improvement. It is based in scientific method and
moderates the impulse to take immediate action with the wisdom of careful study.

Using PDSA cycles enables you to test out changes on a small scale, building on the learning from these test cycles in a structured way before wholesale implementation.

This gives the opportunity to see if the proposed change will succeed and is a powerful tool for learning from ideas that do and don’t work. (NHS Improvement, 2017).

Lately, the warm up drills on the #Beastmaker have been hammering my skin. Forming calluses proximal of the 1st joint. Part of the the warm up involves pull ups on the deep 4 finger pocket. Which, according to literature, irritates elbows and I’ve been getting mild irritation lately.

So here’s the QI methodology.

Plan,

Warm up using core diver adding push ups into the session.

Then start fingerboard session with the #halfcrimp protocol. Which leads into normal fingerboard session.

Do,

I started last night and will do this for the next 2 wks.

Study,

I’ll make note on how my elbows feel, calluses and effects on finger strength and quality of the sessions.

Act,

Depending on what i find, I’ll make slight changes to the session plan and implement.

Then repeat the PDSA cycle.

The #halfcrimp protocol is one I designed. Its takes into account my very weak half crimp strength and slowly builds intensity.

friday 26th
The plan was to climb at Horseshoe Quarry today. However after climbing up a 5+ and getting frost bitten fingers, we bailed and headed to Awesome Walls Sheffield.

It was a shame as I’d brought a tent, bike and a bag of Lego for Young fella to keep him happy for the day while we climbed.

So off we headed to the wall.

We had a good session.

I did the following routes.

5+, 6a+, 6a+, 6b, 6b+, 6b, 6a, 6a, 6b.

All the routes 6b and over, I took rests on the bolts. But all the moves came really easy.

I’m at a loss why I’m taking rests on these routes. Its not that I can’t do them, but i feel i need a rest.

Its not fitness, getting pumped or powered out. I just feel out of a comfort zone.

28th Oct: core session
10 rds

1min plank / 10 Vs / 10 arches / 10 leg raises / 10 crunches / 20 knee to elbows (10 each side).

Averaging 3 to 3min 15 per round. Rest varies depending on how good the form was for the set.

from blog : https://ordinarygav.wordpress.com

sdm

• forum abuser
#24 Re: Klubo Potenco 452 2018 22-28 Oct 2018
November 03, 2018, 07:49:16 am
struggled on the Reservation cut loose

I don't cut loose at all on Reservation. From the low foot, I toe in with the left foot on the polished hold out left, then step through to a right toe hook out left in the roof. It needs flexible hips to go from the toe to the heel but might be worth trying.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal