UKBouldering.com

Instinct SR vs Instinct Slipper (old orange ones) sizing (Read 4034 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
Looking to pick up a pair of the new (ish) SR’s - and wondering how they compare size wise with the old slipper. Or the VS/VSR for that matter. (I’m 41.5 in the VS/VSR - and half a size down in the old slipper for a tight/performance fit)

weakdave

• forum abuser
  • Technically lacking
I never climbed in on the old orange ones but I have tried on the new ones. They fit me the same size as instinct VS, VSR and laces. I know that wasn't what you asked but hope it helps

tomtom

• forum hero
I never climbed in on the old orange ones but I have tried on the new ones. They fit me the same size as instinct VS, VSR and laces. I know that wasn't what you asked but hope it helps

Thanks Dave that’s perfect. I am the same size in vs, vsr and laces - so I’ll get some in that size :)

Steve Crowe

• menacing presence
  • Using knees since 1974
    • www.climbonline.co.uk
I was 39.5 in the old orange Instinct slippers (lots of pairs) but wore 40 in the lace. Now I wear 40 for everything, Lace, Velcro and new SR Slipper.

I like the new Instinct SR but the blue strip on the heel isn’t good when heel hooking but if you’re climbing in serious heel hooking territory then you probably won’t be wearing slippers anyway.

JackAus

• junky
Always wore the old S and on my 2nd pair of SR. Same size.
I'm also the same size in VS and VSR.

I like them but I'd prefer a solid sole (like the old S) and same as above, the heel is a bit weird. My go to shoe for 99% of things though.

steveri

• forum abuser
  • More average than you
    • Some poor pictures
FWIW Boulder Hut has a Scarpa demo day tonight with 25% discount. Short notice I know :)

powderpuff

• regular
I was 40.5 in the old orange instinct slippers.....just tried on the new instinct SR slipper in a 41 and I can't imagine getting my trotters into anything smaller!

tkmalibu

1/2 size up from the originals for me too. Any smaller would not fit my feet

tomtom

• forum hero
They do stretch a bit. But maybe not as much as the old slipper did. 

I’ve also found that to me it feels like the rubber is a bit thicker on the SR’s and it seems to roll around small edges / pebbles more than the old ones.

The heel is a bit better but feels quite clunky to use (thinner rubber there please scarps).

May sound a bit strange for a slipper but I’ve found them really good on Lime so far this year... seem to work on smeary lime nubbins / creases quite well.

powderpuff

• regular
I prefer the instinct SR. Feel more aggressive to me....it could be that they just fit my feet better.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal