UKBouldering.com

What happened at Tilberwaite? (Read 33928 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#100 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
November 05, 2018, 03:39:35 pm

But only if Grimer plays Anna.

And sings "do you want to build a pooman!"

tomtom

• forum hero
#101 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
November 05, 2018, 04:09:07 pm
Jam Crack mini-special with all the main protagonists together in one broadcast would be ace.

Now, call me cynical, but am I the only one with the following phrases swirling around in my head, with "possible" association to the amount of DRAMA involved:

"Must get enough footage for film segment"

"What would the sponsors think"

"Important social media exposure"

"Young protege"

"Example of Masterclass success"

"See this ascent, buy this product"

:-\

I recon TeamLattice (fuck yeah) (TM) will soon bring out an app called TurdD where you shove your iPhone camera deep into a pile of your own fecal matter and it will analyse it and tell you what grade you boulder at as well as your star sign. At the moment its having calibration problems with sweetcorn.

;)

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#102 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
November 05, 2018, 04:20:47 pm
Has someone made a film about a UKC thread? 😃

The precedent is Assault on El Capitan about an obscure aid route called Wings of Steel. It's a movie of this supertopo thread. Tilbergate has some catching up with Wingsgate (more than 3000 posts over 12 years) but has made a very promising start.

In a pleasing similarity, Wings of Steel also had a shitting at the base of the route incident. The perp. eventually confessed more than 30 years later.

tomtom

• forum hero
#103 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
November 05, 2018, 04:25:03 pm
Has someone made a film about a UKC thread? 😃

The precedent is Assault on El Capitan about an obscure aid route called Wings of Steel. It's a movie of this supertopo thread. Tilbergate has some catching up with Wingsgate (more than 3000 posts over 12 years) but has made a very promising start.

In a pleasing similarity, Wings of Steel also had a shitting at the base of the route incident. The perp. eventually confessed more than 30 years later.

Great post! Possibly the poo-perp was aware of this precedent!

i_a_coops

• forum abuser
    • Ian Cooper
#104 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
November 05, 2018, 06:25:34 pm
Libellous conspiracy theory time....I reckon the  :shit: was Franco....

No actual evidence yer'onner but I think he has an unusual enough sense of humour.  :worms: :popcorn:

Doylo

• forum hero
#105 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
November 05, 2018, 06:47:04 pm
Someone left a used jonny in a pocket on one of my projects. Think it might have been John Dunne.

Danny

• junky
#106 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
November 05, 2018, 07:27:13 pm
Someone left a used jonny in a pocket on one of my projects. Think it might have been John Dunne.

How big was the pocket?

tomtom

• forum hero
#107 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
November 05, 2018, 07:32:35 pm

Was it at waist height?

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#108 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
November 05, 2018, 07:53:24 pm

How big was the pocket?

Bigger than an otter's, about the size of a clown's.

petejh

• forum hero
#109 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
November 05, 2018, 08:46:04 pm

Big t'issue?

tomtom

• forum hero
#110 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
November 05, 2018, 08:54:42 pm

Big t'issue?

Was it ribbed?

kingholmesy

• forum abuser
#111 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
November 05, 2018, 09:02:11 pm

Great post! Possibly the poo-perp was aware of this precedent!

We’ll find out in about 30 years.

bigironhorse

• junky
    • YouTube
#112 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
November 05, 2018, 09:04:46 pm

Big t'issue?

Was it ribbed?

Parthian shot

kingholmesy

• forum abuser
#113 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
November 05, 2018, 09:06:33 pm
I recon TeamLattice (fuck yeah) (TM) will soon bring out an app called TurdD where you shove your iPhone camera deep into a pile of your own fecal matter and it will analyse it and tell you what grade you boulder at as well as your star sign.

:clap2:

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth
#115 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
November 19, 2018, 09:29:49 am
Saw Alastairs film on this incident at the BMC breakfast. None of the silly libelous stuff but arguably even more po faced on things like new route 'theft'  than on the social media storm and I could barely watch the discussion afterwards with Will, Grimer and Alastair.

At the opposite end of the spectrum there was also a showing of Paul 's film Free Flow, starring Hazel: a fabulously pointed advertising satire on the sugar drink industry and Ricky's film of Steve almost failing to find a new trad route on 14km of quality cliff (a future sports heaven it seems).

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#116 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
November 19, 2018, 09:40:50 am
Saw Alastairs film on this incident at the BMC breakfast. None of the silly libelous stuff but arguably even more po faced on things like new route 'theft'  than on the social media storm and I could barely watch the discussion afterwards with Will, Grimer and Alastair.

Heard it was excruciatingly awkward and that despite saying he was independent and the controversy had given the film more publicity Alastair was obviously livid. Probably a good thing Gresh wasn’t there as it could have kicked off big style.

Presumably Will is related to Dave Birkett?

At the opposite end of the spectrum there was also a showing of Paul 's film Free Flow, starring Hazel: a fabulously pointed advertising satire on the sugar drink industry

That’s hilarious. I won’t embarrass them but a friend obviously missed the satire and said it was a strange film that just seemed to be a advert for Hazel!

tomtom

• forum hero
#117 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
November 19, 2018, 10:14:43 am
'a friend'....

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#118 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
November 19, 2018, 10:24:15 am
'a friend'....

You are a friend aren’t you?

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#119 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
November 19, 2018, 10:36:20 am

Heard it was excruciatingly awkward and that despite saying he was independent and the controversy had given the film more publicity Alastair was obviously livid. Probably a good thing Gresh wasn’t there as it could have kicked off big style.

Presumably Will is related to Dave Birkett?

Do you mean that Alastair was angry at Will for "nicking" the route or he was angry that there'd been a social media storm?

I was speaking with a friend yesterday who said he was having a conversation with Ian Dunn recently. Ian had said something like: "we used to drive around looking for other people's projects to nick. We didn't want to do 'em, we just wanted to nick 'em. It was part of the craic!"

Personally, I think it depends how much effort has gone into the cleaning/platform building.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#120 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
November 19, 2018, 10:52:33 am
Heard it was excruciatingly awkward and that despite saying he was independent and the controversy had given the film more publicity Alastair was obviously livid.

Do you mean that Alastair was angry at Will for "nicking" the route or he was angry that there'd been a social media storm?

I wasn’t there but heard that whilst saying (as a film maker) he was independent at the same time he looked very angry.

I imagine he would be most likely angry with Will for ‘nicking’ the route for Anna’s sake but that obviously meant there wasn’t a first ascent to film.

Or maybe he was just angry about the poo..

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
#121 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
November 19, 2018, 11:15:37 am
I hope they have some video of the panel discussion to release, it sounds like gold!

Teaboy

• forum hero
#122 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
November 19, 2018, 11:22:58 am

Or maybe he was just angry about the poo..

I was disappointed that there wasn't a whiff of poo-gate in the film.

tomtom

• forum hero
#123 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
November 19, 2018, 11:46:10 am
'a friend'....

You are a friend aren’t you?

I thought I was a 'tier two' friend now..... *wub*

galpinos

• forum hero
#124 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
November 19, 2018, 11:55:09 am
I'm disappointed in Grimer. If ever there was going to be a "host" who would slip a comedy plastic turd onto someone seat for the "panel discussion" it would be him. Poor show.......

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal