UKBouldering.com

What happened at Tilberwaite? (Read 5986 times)

webbo

• forum hero

cowboyhat

• forum hero
#76 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
October 12, 2018, 08:12:24 pm
#35 - cool story, made me laugh.

Whats Neil's connection to it all though, why is he the one getting swoll for no reason? Whats his connection to this lass?

PipeSmoke

• menacing presence
#77 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
October 14, 2018, 12:09:57 am
Gresh has been kind of mentoring/shepherding anna around for a few years now so i guess he's kind of invested in her succeeding. Fuck know's why he didnt say anything when she ventured off route numerous times though

tomtom

• forum hero
#78 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
October 14, 2018, 08:06:41 am
Is this actually a rock based brexit metaphor? Anna is Theresa May (who seems to have ventured off course) and David Davis has just curled a big one down under the arÍte.

;)

Offwidth

• forum abuser
    • Offwidth
#79 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
October 14, 2018, 11:46:58 am
Thanks Dave

I really hope you finally get it as well. However, if so, its a quandary what should happen next, especially in terms of publicity. The Oak effort is one of life's reassuring certainties in a mad changing world.

danm

• obsessive maniac
#80 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
October 14, 2018, 02:35:27 pm
Thanks Dave

I really hope you finally get it as well. However, if so, its a quandary what should happen next, especially in terms of publicity. The Oak effort is one of life's reassuring certainties in a mad changing world.
Indeed. The one thing that keeps me from despair, as sea levels rise, extreme weather becomes the new normal, and the idiots take over the reins of power, is thank God Simon is still trying the Oak.

tomtom

• forum hero
#81 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
October 14, 2018, 02:58:18 pm
Thanks Dave

Indeed. The one thing that keeps me from despair, as sea levels rise, extreme weather becomes the new normal, and the idiots take over the reins of power, is thank God Simon is still trying the Oak.

Indeed. Among all the bad stuff in the world, one mans act of ultimate futility shines out to make everyone else feel better :)

(Love you Shark - keep it up :) )

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • I swear I was only 20 last week.
  • 47! How the f#£k did that happen?
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#82 Re: What happened at Tilberwaite?
October 14, 2018, 04:02:24 pm
Sisyphus was a rank amateur by comparison.

Again, though, Iíd love to know you had finished the damn thing Simon.
And (all piss taking aside) your dedication is worthy of much respect.

(Possibly, itís more on the scale of Jan Tregeagle emptying Dozmary pool with a Limpet shell, with a hole in it, but mythic nevertheless).