UKBouldering.com

Bouldering walls with a kids area Yorkshire. (Read 5762 times)

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
Love the quintessential Yorkshireman in that photo. Flat cap, fag, newspaper, pint of milk under his arm I think. Just missing the whippet.

webbo

• forum hero
Whilst we're on a thread-derailing industrial history of the Aire Valley of Leeds, there used to be two huge cooling towers dominating the area! I never knew about these. This photo was taken near my house, it certainly doesn't look like that now!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirkstall_Power_Station
My mate “ Short but psychopathic George” used to live in the street to right of the one in the photo.

andy_e

• forum hero
Is that where the cinema etc is now?

Not quite, a bit further towards Kirkstall, behind the Asda.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Love the quintessential Yorkshireman in that photo. Flat cap, fag, newspaper, pint of milk under his arm I think. Just missing the whippet.

Sounds like my grandad, aside from he would have been walking a whippet-beddlington terrier cross, his choice for rabbiting!  I am still bearing the scars from him making me put a collar on his ferret and take it for a walk.  Ever tried to put a collar on something that is essentially a wriggly tube with snapping jaws?!

powderpuff

• regular

And we can only assume he's already got the tea bags at home!

webbo

• forum hero
Tea bags probably hadn’t been invented then. Loose tea and sterilised milk or if he was getting it for work. A tin of Fussles evaporated milk.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal