UKBouldering.com

What's the biggest hold you have pulled off? (Read 5940 times)

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
I pulled off the starting jug/crimp on Megatron Turbo at Stoney about ten years ago & then glued it back on I think Fatboy Slimfast then pulled it off again or that could just be idle slander.... Some of the glued on bits are are still in place

Teaboy

• forum hero
Whilst top roping what might one day be a new route at Craig Pen Gogarth I pulled a ledge sized ledge off the bottom and with it clutched to my stomach I swung backwards onto a boulder below. I've not been back to try the route again.

webbo

• forum hero
just remembered another.i bust a big lump of the top of close encounters in northunberland.i had my hands on the top of the crag and turned round to tell my mate what a great route it was,when the break i was stood on broke.i got to tell him the above while looking in to his eyes,although upside down. :lol:

luckyjez

• addict
Also remembered another. Pulled a finger jug off below the first bolt on 'Might and Main' (the right arete of 'empire of the sun' wall at Anstys).Rolled down the scree slope through a v thorny bush and cut me head. Richie P checked i wasn't dead before heading back to  the car to fetch his fags (priorities eh?)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Damn, I forgot, I've got a pretty class one...

Copy'n'pasted from the NZ climbing site http://www.mojozone.co.nz ...

Yesterday morning I knocked a large "plate" ledge off just above the second bolt on Twisting By The Pool 19 ** on the RH Sin City wall at Duntroon. The ledge, about 2' long and 6" wide just snapped off when I was rocking over onto it which was quite a surprise. The 2nd bolt threaded with a home-made cord gizmo held, but when my girl abseiled down she found it was loose and seemed to be held in place by woodlice... The route is probably a little harder (20 maybe) but personally I'd be quite wary of these soft limestone routes on detachable holds with spaced wobbly bolts  

Note to self: Do not grab the other rope whilst hurtling through space. Friction burns on 3 fingers are not fun.

Was a bloody shock I tell you  :shock:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix

Not personally involved, but a mate was. I'm glad I wasn't the person standing in bottom left hand corner.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal