the shizzle > food & drink

Really good cafés in Sheffield and anywhere else near good climbing

(1/7) > >>

TobyD:
Two to start from Sheffield:- Five Rivers in Broomhill. Great coffee nice atmosphere.
Seven Hills Bakery. They do a nice punchy flat white.

DAVETHOMAS90:
Flat white - God, I hate that expression. It's out there with send, and connies.. and fixie  :P As for the reference "anywhere else near good climbing.."  :shrug:

Cafe Ceres. Hunters Bar. Sheffield.

http://www.cafeceres.com/menus/

Tends to be my café of choice.

And also:

http://www.madebyjonty.co.uk/

Fifty yards away on Sharrowvale Road. Great coffee too.

tomtom:
Don't hate on the flat whites Dave... I had my first one in NZ back in 2001 - where it originates from..... Great to see them becoming mainstream over here....

I try and avoid all main stream shops when picking up some lunch before climbing.. rather give my ££ to a small business. So...

For anyone heading Peakwards from Manchester via the snake - I recommend any sandwich (or anything to be honest) from Mettericks in Glossop (butchers on the main strip (LHside coming from manchester - before main cross roads)). Their salad boxes are superb too...

Same journey via the A6 I often stop in Dannys Deli in Disley. Its not really a Deli - but does decent sandwiches and pasties for not very much.

If you're out for a day in Northumberland - the Rothbury Family Butchers does outstanding pies.

SA Chris:
It's not an expression, it's a thing, like a latte or a cappuccino. Not much round here. Upperkrust in City Centre does a great bacon roll, and excellent banter with the wifeys, but probably not worth the effort stopping by unless you are in city centre anyway. if you are passing through on the way north, Sand Dollar cafe on the beach does a great fry up.

But once bypass in in place you can avoid city completely!

James Malloch:
It's always good to stop off at The Local Pantry when visiting almscliff or otley.

Possibly more so for the sausage rolls and pies. I can't remember the coffee to be honest as I've normally had one before going.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version