UKBouldering.com

La Sportiva Cobras Sizing (Read 3215 times)

diba

La Sportiva Cobras Sizing
August 22, 2018, 01:12:06 pm
Was thinking of getting a pair of the latest season model of Cobras, but unsure on sizing. I wear a 42 in Otakis and Solutions, and 41.5 in Skwamas. Initially thought I would go for 42, but I hear most people drop size a lot. Have moderately wide feet if that makes any diff. Anyone got a pair and care to weigh in?

cheers

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#1 Re: La Sportiva Cobras Sizing
August 22, 2018, 03:33:50 pm
I go the same size as Pythons: 41½ versus 42 in Miuras / Testarossas (vs 45 normal shoe size).

I don't find they stretch as much as Pythons though.

slab_happy

• forum hero
#2 Re: La Sportiva Cobras Sizing
August 26, 2018, 08:30:28 am
Initially thought I would go for 42, but I hear most people drop size a lot. Have moderately wide feet if that makes any diff. Anyone got a pair and care to weigh in?

Got a pair that's the same size I take in Miura XX and a pair half a size down from that. The same-sized Cobras seem to work better for me on the whole -- more comfortable, more use for smearing outdoors  -- whereas the downsized ones would be more use if I was trying to stand on tiny edges (but tend to be more pinchy).

So yeah. Depends what you want to use them for (mine tend to get used for grit), but based on my experience I wouldn't say you need to downsize a lot.

toprope15

#3 Re: La Sportiva Cobras Sizing
September 30, 2019, 02:37:37 am
I'm in the same boat, looking to get my hands on the Cobras but not sure on which size to go for.

I've been reading some reviews and this guy said to drop half a size, unless you are really focused on prefomance, in which case you might want to drop a full size down.

https://www.climbingshoereview.com/la-sportiva-cobra-eco-review/

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#4 Re: La Sportiva Cobras Sizing
September 30, 2019, 07:42:50 am
I go the same size as Pythons: 41½ versus 42 in Miuras / Testarossas (vs 45 normal shoe size).

I don't find they stretch as much as Pythons though.

My case is similar: street size 46, 43 in velcro and lace-up Sportivas (Miura lace and VS, Katana, Kataki, Genius), 42.5 in Sportiva slippers (Python, Cobra, Venom, Futura).   

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal