Cool merchandise
50 (94.3%)
Subscription
0 (0%)
Other - please give your idea below
2 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: September 22, 2004, 09:03:53 am

ukb funding - please read and vote / comment (Read 26364 times)

Big Frank

• forum abuser
It would be nice to think that would be how it worked, but I would have doubts. I wonder how many FSA sell?

But I do think that if T's were to stand a real chance then they would have to be somthing special somthing of a Cult shirt like the Dr.Death shirts were, they became very popular amongst bikers.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
re t-shirt designs - might be a bit of a cliche,  but would some suitably moody looking B&W photos do the job ?  Close-ups of chalky, lacerated hands impacting on grit,  slightly abstract shots of peeps mid-move on a photogenic lines (e.g. NTBTA) etc etc.  

I know it's easier suggested than done ... but there might be something in the archives ripe for a bit of "artistic interpretation" and IMHO the better  t-shirt designs on the spunky site are just those based on grainy photos.  It would also actually have a link with bouldering (though might appear a bit humourless - anyone fancy blinging up for the photo-shoot?  Fur-coats  and pimp-cups at the plantation?!

dave

Quote from: "moose"
Fur-coats  and pimp-cups at the plantation?!

i'm there

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
I'm not sure whether FSA are still trading.

The capital outlay is pretty small to do a small test-run of t-shirts, so there's no big risk involved so if it doesn't work, then no big deal.

I'd certainly rather try all other avenues before going with adverts/sponsorship.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Quote from: "Big Frank"
Cult shirt like the Dr.Death shirts were, they became very popular amongst bikers.

Anything popular amongst bikers is unlikely to be popular amongst anyone with any taste  :P

I love bike but all that biker-lifestyle shit is laughable imho.  99% of them are fat old gets who've finally got enough cash to buy a Harley so they can pootle round the countryside pretending they're living the Easy Rider dream  :roll:

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Quote from: "dave"
Fur-coats  and pimp-cups at the plantation?!

i'm there

now all we need are a few Kristal swigging ho's (and  perhaps some beefy types in combat fatigues for "crowd control") and job done...

(hell I'm shit at bouldering but willing to stand around with a big mo'fo' alarm clock around my neck.... OLD SKOOL and punctual)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
(hell I'm shit at bouldering but willing to stand around with a big mo'fo' alarm clock around my neck.... OLD SKOOL and punctual)

Judging by your avatar you've got a bit of a heavy objects neck fetish.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
Quote from: "Bubba"

Judging by your avatar you've got a bit of a heavy objects neck fetish.

... just piling on the beef until I can carry a grandfatha clock around m'neck (in the sage words of maximuscle "Most women would agree that a strong, thick neck is what makes a man look sexy." :shock: ).  

Another clothing idea for the  body-conscious boulderer...  t-shirts with missing/transparent  "ab panels" - for when you're desperate to show off that skinny torso / hard-earned six-pack but  its just too goddam cold to go totally shirtless... judging by the crowd at most walls I've been to they'd be distressingly popular   :roll:

webbo

• forum hero
what about corsets that look like you've a six pack for those of use who got a stomache like party 7

Stubbs

Gotta go with tee's, vests and hoodies.

Reckon a good wife beater would go down a treat, like the prana one's or something?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
First effort:

dave

if you think i'm about to walk around wearing a shirt with your face on it you're sadly mistaken lovejoy.

It'd bad enough having to live with my face on my head, without your face on my chest anall.

and anyway, you need less white tshirts, not more.

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
shit... sorry dave but when i first saw that i actually thought that, that was you on the t-shirt :roll:

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
bastard, you've rumbled my plan to rule the world now dave :roll:

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Second try:

For those hard of seeing, thats a UKB logo on hulk's shorts BTW.

a dense loner

• forum hero
Fur-coats and pimp-cups at the plantation?!

this has already been done by the dawes, whilst showing two women the true meaning of holding geometries. then unveiled to show the worst xmas jumper ever :lol:

dave

a dense loner

• forum hero
is bonjoys attempt Toni Lamprecht in evilution/revolution?

i hope none of these are supposed to be serious? :(

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
I trust you're going to astound me now with some amazing designs of your own Dense?

a dense loner

• forum hero
no, not at all but i won't be buying any t-shirts like that. i also doubt that others will.
i am a believer in less is best. what's wrong with a simple good quality plain t with ukb in small letters on the left breast or even better a label with ukb near the bottom? sorry for being boring.
i honestly thought that them designs were a joke :shock:

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent

Is that any better :wink: .
 Don't worry dense, I am just pissing about, thinking outload if you will. The more stuff (however outlandish) peeps put up the more idea we'll get of peoples preferances, so come on dense do your worst :D .

a dense loner

• forum hero
now we're talkin. be under no illusion that i'm claimin i can do better, but i didn't  think they were serious attempts, your reputation precedes you. as for dave... :roll:

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
I agree with the less is more thing and reckon the small logo shirts will probably sell more. But I reckon there is room for a few more interesting or humorous designs too. Hopefully paltry attempts like mine might will spur some genius into creative action.

paulh

• regular
Quote from: "Bubba"

I can't see how it's possible to have a sponsor and remain independent? How would this work?

Bubba, I'm ashamed to say i used to work in advertiesing so I have a bit of experience in this area.  and generally its accepted that advertsiers  have control over content .

Say, The Times prints an article slagging customer service at Barclays, that isnt going to stop Barclays advertising in the Times.

Advertising is about exposure to the right audience, not buying column inches...

Paul

MrBlue

• regular
haven't managed to read all the pages but i'd go for the merchandise and 'special products' like anti-hydral creme etc.

if you get really desperate for some design input then i'll offer my services (for free, hey, i'm a stooodent) - bubba you've seen the kinda stuff i do and if you want to see more stuff give us a pm and i'll mail you some stuff from my portfolio.

comp sounds good tho, kinda like the idea at www.designforchunks.com - they supply a template, review the entries and choose the best...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal