UKBouldering.com

House clearance, Widnes (Read 4531 times)

andy popp

• forum hero
House clearance, Widnes
July 23, 2018, 09:59:12 pm
I am going to be in the UK from August 1 to at last confront clearing my house ready for sale. This will include scores of guidebooks and other climbing books (memoirs etc.) as well as probably hundreds of magazines (largely Crags, On the Edge and High). I will be looking at getting rid of much of this, most of it for free. I haven't decided what yet but will likely try and sell some stuff (e.g. excellent condition copies of Peak Rock, One for the Crow and more). There will be hundreds of novels up for grabs. Also going, probably for a small fee, will be an Occun Dominator and DMM Highball, possibly a 9mm (used once), and nice little one man tent. There is also likely to be furniture, cookware etc. (this post is very much on the fly). However, my time is going to be very limited and what I will not be able to do is spend hours packaging stuff and taking them to the post office, so this will very much have to be on a collect only basis. I'm 5-10 minutes off the M62 and 5 minutes from Pex. Is this likely to generate any interest among people?

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
  • Dave Thomas is an annual climber to 1.7m, with strongly fragrant flowers
  • Don't die with your music still inside you ;)
#1 Re: House clearance, Widnes
July 23, 2018, 10:32:10 pm
Wow Andy.

That sounds so much like cutting the ties  :(

Hopefully very much a case of letting go of something old to hold onto something new.

I'm sure there will be interest. I'll see if I can make it over.

Dave.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#2 Re: House clearance, Widnes
July 23, 2018, 10:37:07 pm
Good effort putting it off that long!

Any signed A3+ prints of you on sketchy 80s horrors? ;)

andy popp

• forum hero
#3 Re: House clearance, Widnes
July 23, 2018, 10:39:09 pm
Wow Andy.

That sounds so much like cutting the ties  :(

Hopefully very much a case of letting go of something old to hold onto something new.

Yes, I've moved to the US on a permanent basis (unless/until Trump revokes my green card). Perhaps I should turn this into a party?

andy popp

• forum hero
#4 Re: House clearance, Widnes
July 23, 2018, 10:39:40 pm
Good effort putting it off that long!

Its been complicated ...

steveri

• forum abuser
  • More average than you
    • Some poor pictures
#5 Re: House clearance, Widnes
July 24, 2018, 09:07:18 am
Congrats on letting go, must be strangely liberating in a Michael Landy sort of way - http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20160713-michael-landy-the-man-who-destroyed-all-his-belongings

Can I express a tyre-kicking interest in a pad or both (for a chum new to climbing) and maybe tent? Easy to collect.

SamT

• forum hero
#6 Re: House clearance, Widnes
July 24, 2018, 09:10:18 am
Perhaps I should turn this into a party?

Perhaps you should!  :thumbsup:

winhill

• regular
#7 Re: House clearance, Widnes
July 24, 2018, 02:43:35 pm
I'd be interested in the Dominator pad.

I buy a lot of books and sell a few, not really climbing ones though. If you have some high value ones but don't have time to sell them I might be able to help facilitate some UK logistics for you to sell them.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#8 Re: House clearance, Widnes
July 24, 2018, 05:51:54 pm
Currently away on holiday Andy but would be nice to come say hi when you’re back given I’m around the corner.

Hope life’s going splendidly my friend.

andy popp

• forum hero
#9 Re: House clearance, Widnes
July 29, 2018, 03:41:31 pm
Apologies for not replying to anyone. My dad died last week and I'm having to reconfigure my trip a little but I still intend to do this, just not sure when I'm going to be in Widnes (my dad lived in Hereford). @Tom in particular, when are you back? You can comb the house for whatever you might want for your new gaff.

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#10 Re: House clearance, Widnes
July 30, 2018, 09:22:04 am
Hi Andy,

Only just seen this - really sorry for your loss. I think he'd been unwell for a while? Best wishes for sorting everything out and let me know if there's anything the Liverpool scene can do to help.

I am interested in any guidebooks you might be getting rid of. Keep me posted on when you are around.

Si

steveri

• forum abuser
  • More average than you
    • Some poor pictures
#11 Re: House clearance, Widnes
July 30, 2018, 10:12:32 am
Sorry to hear that Andy. Clearly any other stuff comes second now but I can be flexible and work around you.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#12 Re: House clearance, Widnes
July 30, 2018, 01:37:44 pm
Sorry about you Dad Andy.

Id be keen to have a scour through books and mags. Climbing and non climbing books.

Could pop round with Pete when Theo is in and then let you know what i was after and you can give me a price?

andy popp

• forum hero
#13 Re: House clearance, Widnes
July 30, 2018, 01:50:10 pm
Thanks everyone

@Simon - there will be plenty of guidebooks! So help from the Scouse massive moving stuff might be much appreciated. I reckon there's a good chance I'll in Widnes next week (though appreciate that's when most people want to get out climbing)

@Adam; cheers. I'm happy to give most stuff away. See just about for when I might be around.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#14 Re: House clearance, Widnes
July 30, 2018, 02:04:11 pm
Look forward to seeing you Andy. Drop me a Facebook pm when you land and I'll bob on over to say hello. As Simon says, let us know if we can help in any way.

andy popp

• forum hero
#15 Re: House clearance, Widnes
July 30, 2018, 03:14:01 pm
Thanks Tom (and for the message on FB). I'll let you know when I know when I'm going to be around.

andy popp

• forum hero
#16 Re: House clearance, Widnes
August 03, 2018, 08:44:10 am
I'm going to be in Widnes Saturday, Sunday and Monday - pm me if you want to come round and look through stuff.

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#17 Re: House clearance, Widnes
August 03, 2018, 02:05:06 pm
I'm hitting the Llyn for a week with the family tomorrow!! Will try and pop in on route

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal