UKBouldering.com

Send slip-on kneepads (Read 4355 times)

abarro81

• forum hero
Send slip-on kneepads
June 19, 2018, 10:12:11 am
https://darkventures.co.uk/shop?olsPage=products%2Fsend-wizard-sleeve
Anyone tried these and can compare them to the rock and resole ones? Need some new ones this summer and deciding which to get...

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
#1 Re: Send slip-on kneepads
June 19, 2018, 01:21:41 pm
Surely if there’s anyone who should be receiving free kneepads it’s you!

tomtom

• forum hero
#2 Re: Send slip-on kneepads
June 19, 2018, 01:42:45 pm

:D

Paul B

• forum hero
#3 Re: Send slip-on kneepads
June 20, 2018, 01:04:35 pm

It's the concept that he's worn his out that's amusing me  :great:

abarro81

• forum hero
#4 Re: Send slip-on kneepads
June 20, 2018, 01:57:46 pm
Ha, if only. One downside of the slip-on ones is that they stretch out and stop fitting as snugly. Although I've realised I might just be able to buy Ella some new ones and commandeer her old ones!

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
#5 Re: Send slip-on kneepads
June 20, 2018, 02:54:22 pm
If you want to sell your old ones to someone with slightly less toothpick legs I’d be keen

Bradders

• forum hero
#6 Re: Send slip-on kneepads
June 20, 2018, 04:39:54 pm
Ooooooh first time I've seen the Send kneepads for sale in the UK! Perhaps I didn't look hard enough before. Thanks for the heads up!

Also, surely it's a case of getting both so you can cater for different situations?  ;)

meshtar

#7 Re: Send slip-on kneepads
June 26, 2018, 11:28:58 am
I'm currently waiting mine to arrive. In a week or so, when I test-drive it on my project that has a really tricky kneebar crux, I'll write a "review" here  :)
My legs are more Steve Gerrard than Steve McClure type so I'm a bit worried about the size. Hope it'll fit...

pat69

#8 Re: Send slip-on kneepads
July 01, 2018, 11:36:57 am
If you buy a Send Wizard knee pad from me at Dark Ventures and it doesn't fit correctly then you're more than welcome to return it and swap for a different size as long as it hasn't been used outside  :)

meshtar

#9 Re: Send slip-on kneepads
July 16, 2018, 08:11:22 am
As i promised, here's my little review of Send Wizard sleeve kneepad...

Out of the box, kneepad looks extremely well made. Vibram rubber is glued to the neoprene and has nicely rounded edges, sewing seems durable, inner silicone lines are sticky. Everything Send says about the pad is there and in my opinion they've made really great job with it.

Sizing
I've measured 10cm above patela and it said 52cm so i decided to take XL because of thicker winter climbing pants.The thing I don't like about this pad is that it seems pretty rectangular. I can barely get it high enough on my thigh, and the knee part is pretty looose (2cm of free space). Maybe this is because of the added soft material under the knee or I didn't get the sizing right. Either way, it doesn't fit me and when I get a knee-bar it seems that the pad is sliding of. Especially on my project where I have to knee-bar the hell out of it  :)

I'm thinking about some DIY improvement gadgets. Sewing the soft material so the knee part fits better or adding straps so I can make it tight. Anyone has any other ideas?

All in all, I think that the kneepad is really good, but it doesn't fit me the way I expected. Also, thanks Pat and DarkVentures for fast delivery and everything :)

abarro81

• forum hero
#10 Re: Send slip-on kneepads
July 16, 2018, 09:10:13 am
If you have a non-strap pad you should use gaffa tape to stick it on.

I got a Send slip-on one from the Foundry the other week and compared it to my Rock n Resole ones (the classic slip-ons that the Americans use). It's a bit shorter, which for me makes it slightly harder to get on and positioned perfectly compared to the RnRs, but once in place it performs very similarly. Overall, I suspect I'd get the RnRs if buying 4 (since shipping then works out similar price) but get the Send if buying fewer as then they're cheaper and the difference between them is minimal...

meshtar

#11 Re: Send slip-on kneepads
July 27, 2018, 11:08:21 am
Hello again!

I've done some diy repairing (well, my mom did most of the job to be honest...) and here's how it looks now.
We added two elastic straps with velcro on them and glued everything to the pad itself with strong pattex glue. To be sure, I sewed over the glued part so it makes less stress on the neoprene and hopefully doesn't tear it apart. I used a bit too much glue, so it went a bit over the straps but I cared more about functionality than aesthetics  :)

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmnbgCQB
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 11:31:17 am by meshtar »

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#12 Re: Send slip-on kneepads
July 27, 2018, 12:09:05 pm
If you want to sell your old ones to someone with slightly less toothpick legs I’d be keen

Hand me up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal