UKBouldering.com

Good shoulder physio - Manchester (Read 2030 times)

JohnM

• junky
Good shoulder physio - Manchester
June 14, 2018, 11:32:11 am
Can anyone recommend a good shoulder physio in Manchester? I guess someone who has an appreciation for shoulder intensive sports and can help me identify my injury. I say Manchester as it would be easier but anywhere in the North West if anyone knows a good one.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#1 Re: Good shoulder physio - Manchester
June 14, 2018, 11:47:40 am
Without any hesitation whatsoever, I'd recommend Leigh Halfteck:

https://www.chiroandphysioclinic.co.uk/team-member/leigh-halfteck/

Runs a clinic out of Speke and one in Wirral. Was Chris Hoy's physio.

jshaw

• addict
#2 Re: Good shoulder physio - Manchester
June 14, 2018, 01:52:50 pm
I'd recommend Harris and Ross. I saw someone in the Deansgate practice for a shoulder problem last year.

erm, sam

• forum hero
#3 Re: Good shoulder physio - Manchester
June 14, 2018, 01:57:20 pm
I really liked Christine Holmes at the below. Bit expensive but really good I thought.
https://www.manchestershoulder.com/

Reprobate_Rob

• menacing presence
#4 Re: Good shoulder physio - Manchester
June 14, 2018, 02:29:02 pm
Another vote for Harris and Ross here.
Laura Robson at the Wilmslow branch was excellent in helping me repair a torn Lat a few years ago.
They're also the guys that help Shauna Coxsey fix her shoulder a year or so back. Think she might have been treated by Jeff Ross though, who's one of the directors and comes with a higher price tag.

JohnM

• junky
#5 Re: Good shoulder physio - Manchester
June 14, 2018, 03:31:35 pm
Thanks all. I have booked in to see the lowest level (senior physio) at Harris and Ross as it will be really convenient. I am hoping they can identify the specific issue and give me a rehab program that finds the right balance between rehab and restrengthening. So far I have failed on both accounts. I am hoping not to just be given the generic elbow in rotator cuff exercises as they seem to do nothing. I'm also not sure what the specific issue is as I don't have pain or pinching when lifting my arm above my head or in most of the climbing specific motions but something in there is not happy and it gets aggravated by climbing even if it doesn't effect my climbing at first.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#6 Re: Good shoulder physio - Manchester
June 14, 2018, 09:37:31 pm
See how you go but my ha’pennyworth:

If it’s really problematic, it’ll work out cheaper to see Jeff. Very expensive once and treated right is a much better deal than moderately expensive many times and unresolved.

There’s a few rock stars trek over from Sheffield to see him and get treated there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal