UKBouldering.com

The Seaside premiere, 23rd June, Outside, Hathersage (Read 26800 times)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Christ. I'm a posh-voiced squeaky cunt exiled a long way from my origins!

I wanted some comedy wobble jump-up drum and bass for my bit but Mike knew better.

Alex-the-Alex

• menacing presence
Well well well good! Thanks for brightening up a saturday night. The Eroica bit and Earthly Powers were brilliant. Out of interest what other routes didnt make the final cut? Or are you keeping that under wraps? Btw I would happily volunteer to fall off path to rome for part II  :bounce:

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Glad you enjoyed it Alex. It means a lot that people are so psyched for it.

You missed the route American Excess off your tick list on the other channel by the way.  ;)

Cilan is one of the places I was gutted not to film at. I did check it out but despite vague plans did not end up making it there with climbers.

Please see this grumpy quote from earlier in this thread-

I’m not making a sequel to this film- a sea cliff film has been the focus of my life, often to the detriment of other things, for the best part of three years and I’m psyched to not have my head full of that specific thing any more.

I’m in no way quitting making climbing films (possibly more psyched for filming than ever, just need my body to get back into gear!) so I might be contacting you regarding being filmed at some point.  ;D

I wouldn’t get too excited about routes that didn’t end up in the final cut- they didn’t for a reason, which was almost always that nothing eventful happened in the course of the ascent. A lot will seep out though but rest assured that you have seen everything truly noteworthy that I shot.

danm

• junky
Thought I'd share this: I was working at the Brenin this weekend for the BMC. Totally unheralded, one of the junior staff there came up and started raving about having watched The Seaside, how it had totally inspired them and how awesome that it was on BMC TV  :)

Alex-the-Alex

• menacing presence
Cheers for the reply Cheque! Ahh I was only joking about part II ;) (well, mostly). With regards to the other routes it was more an interest in which ones you had considered or tried filming. How did route selection work? Did you have some in mind to start with or did it mostly come down to the climbers? Earthly Powers and the Demon really did look amazing on camera. Some routes do lend themselves to it.

Oh dear  :-[. One thing worse than a ticklist maker is a bad one... I just couldnt help myself... The upside is if i ever get down to the range the complete works will probably be a chalked up path now  ;D

slab_happy

• forum hero
Is Stonnis not online anywhere Mike?
Not currently- the BMC had it on their website for a year then I was going to make it downloadable with a few extras (45 minute festival cut which has never been online but is in some ways better, plus a “director’s commentary” of me telling the multitude of stories I have about the film over the top!) but that was delayed by making this film then by smashing myself up. Now would be a very good time to sort that out so I’ll get my act together, hopefully this week.

That's fantastic to hear -- I went to Black Rocks for the first time yesterday, wanted to watch Stonnis again and couldn't find it, then came here to post wistfully asking if anyone knew where it'd gone.

I loved it the first time I saw it, and am yearning to rewatch now I have first-hand (and other body part) experience of the rounded glories of the crag.

andy_e

• forum hero
Hi Mike! Is the Seaside online anywhere? I can't find at all...

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Hi Andy, not yet. I’m editing the extras and when they’re done I’ll be putting it up. During lockdown I was hoping to have it done by now but then we could go climbing again and I stopped working on it...

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
The film is back online now, with the promised extra sections.  :thumbsup:

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
 :thumbsup: x 100! Look forward to a rewatch.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
This was outsanding Mike, loved the viewing at Outside. I am looking forward to watching this again.

andy popp

• forum hero
Fab! Haven't seen this so very much looking forward to it!

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
Absolute class!

haydn jones

• forum hero
Still remember the viewing at outside! Psyched to watch it again soon!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal