UKBouldering.com

The Seaside premiere, 23rd June, Outside, Hathersage (Read 26788 times)

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
My sea cliff film is finally finished and the premiere is on Saturday 23rd June at Outside in Hathersage, 7:30PM.  :bounce:

Here's the blurb:

Britain’s sea cliffs have a huge variety of trad climbing- steep or slabby, loose or friendly, easy or... slightly more challenging. But always unique. The Seaside captures the climbers who are drawn to these challenges, onsight on the routes they would have been climbing even if the camera wasn’t on them, right across the English and Welsh coast. Don’t forget your prusiks.

It's a meaty 61 minutes log, features many UKB members, an original soundtrack and absolutely zero seconds wasted on drone shots of people selfconsciously walking to the crag. I'll be talking about making the film and various other things beforehand too, but don't let that put you off.

Tickets are exactly one fuck-all each and are available from Outside in person or their website.

:thumbsup:

andy popp

• forum hero
Congratulations!

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Congratulations!

Cheers Andy, I’m well pleased with it, not just to have finished it but with how it’s come out. Very excited to play it to people.

andy popp

• forum hero
Is it going to be available after the premiere? Anyway, hope you have a great evening.

reeve

• obsessive maniac

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Nice work Mike!! Psyched for you :)

Sorry I won't be able to make it to the premiere but looking forward to seeing it upon it's release!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Looks fantastic. Can't wait for the Scotland sequel either...

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
Good work Mike! Looking forward to seeing it.

fried

• forum hero
Nice one. Hope the film gets put up somewhere the rest of us can see.

kingholmesy

• forum abuser
Looks awesome. Psyched to see this once it is available more widely.  :bounce:

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Thanks all. I’m told tickets are going quickly so don’t hang about if you’re interested.

It’ll be online for free from the first week of July courtesy of BMCTV.

bigironhorse

• junky
    • YouTube
Are there any tickets left for this? Didn't know if i would be around so didn't buy in advance.

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
I believe it sold out.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Are there any tickets left for this? Didn't know if i would be around so didn't buy in advance.

I have one ticket if you want it.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures

I have one ticket if you want it.

Now gone.

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth
Another stonking film Mike, that sums up the essence of trad above the waves.

Up with my best climbing days ever when not climbing at all: a virgin volunteer judge at the BMC Youth Open Bouldering at Rockover: the cream of young UK talent enthusiastically beasting being the perfect antidote to BMC political battles and then Mike's latest masterpiece (with his usual pitch perfect warm up) shared with pals at the intimate Longland's venue.

haydn jones

• forum hero
Definitely one of the best climbing films I've seen. Mega evening made really nice by going to the Indian opposite afterward with lots of mates who went including Mike himself

danm

• junky
Gutted I had to leave and miss the curry and chat afterwards. Mike's talk before the film was very engaging, and the film itself was great. It's got me frothing to go down to Cornwall this summer for the first time in about 20 years.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Did anybody film the beginning talk?

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
Cheers guys, glad everyone enjoyed it.  :2thumbsup:

So satisfying to play the fruits of your labours to people after working on them for so long. There’s still a part of me that hasn’t realised that I’ve finished this film I think!

It's got me frothing to go down to Cornwall this summer for the first time in about 20 years.

This is basically the best praise I’d hope for.  ;D Lynn said she hadn’t even realised how long it was- also amazing praise as I always stress that things I’m making are too long. Feels like you’re really sticking your neck out making hour long films when so few other films coming out are that length.

I had an idea to give someone my phone to livestream the intro talk on social media but I forgot all about that. Man my Insta game is weak. :lol:

Should be online a week on Monday.  :bounce:

mark20

• junky
Great evening, thanks Mike and Outside for organising it. Great film, I like how it really captured the diversity of UK climbing from the nice sunny holiday routes to the downright dangerous, and the climbers who climb them :whistle: Would have stayed a bit longer and chatted but had to shoot off for some food.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
Thanks from me too Mike, really enjoyed the film. I would like to watch it again, there's a lot going on. Really shows up the diversity of routes, locations and experiences out there. I liked the wide grade range too, from beginners to very experienced. Must have been an absolute logistical nightmare to film, glad someone made the effort!

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Mike, I really enjoyed the film and the evening. Thanks also to Outside and The BMC for supporting the venture. I had sweaty palms for much of the film and, like Lynn, I couldn’t believe it was 60 minutes long. When we got to Pentire I thought you'd changed the runnning order and there was another 20 minutes to come. It was such a refreshing contrast to what usually appears in climbing films: in venues, in climbing type, in editing, and in the people and how they were portrayed. I’m not sure it inspired me to visit The Range but a much younger version of me would be off there next weekend.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
When are you taking it on tour? Or filming the sequel??

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal