UKBouldering.com

Itchy trigger finger (Read 1409 times)

butterworthtom

• stalker
    • Incoherent Rambling's of a Lakes Boulderer
Itchy trigger finger
May 30, 2018, 04:53:17 pm
Itchy trigger finger - i.e. I injured my finger (6 - 8 weeks ago) and now it feels weird.

So I sustained a minor injury to my A4 tendon of my index finger almost 2 months ago. There was no immediate pain, it just came on gradually on my 3rd day of climbing. I stopped when I felt it, so it shouldnt have been too bad.

I rested it, I avoided crimps, climbed exclusively on non-painful slopers and jugs. Seemingly, it (almost) recovered. Then recently I started fingerboarding again, nothing too crazy. I did two sessions of repeaters afew days apart. There was a few two finger pocket hangs involved, and they didnt give any pain at the time.

Now I have a weird sensation in my finger if I even gently touch the injured area, it feels almost itchy or prickly. It has lasted for about two days, and then seemingly got better. I then went climbing again, being very cautious with my finger once again, no fingerboarding, and now this itchy feeling has returned.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any idea what is going on?

bigironhorse

• junky
    • YouTube
#1 Re: Itchy trigger finger
May 30, 2018, 04:59:42 pm
The itchy prickly feeling you're describing sounds more like a nerve issue than a finger tendon injury. Is it possible that there is in fact no tendon damage and you are actually just feeling pain in that area due to damage to a nerve upstream, say in the elbow? I think golfers and tennis elbow can involve pinching of nerves which serve the hand, any problems in the elbows?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal