UKBouldering.com

Stashing Pads (Read 20116 times)

36chambers

• forum hero
#50 Re: Stashing Pads
July 05, 2019, 01:17:17 pm
Ah yeah, so much makes sense now, that’s why 36Chambers stores his leggings collection under Demon Wall Roof!

I find it easier to walk on the wall without any trousers on you see.

Alex-the-Alex

• menacing presence
#51 Re: Stashing Pads
July 05, 2019, 01:35:00 pm
A reminder: you are only allowed to walk along that wall if you and your little group account for greater than 1 fifth of the total climbing going on in that place.

AMorris

• obsessive maniac
  • Trying to find form
#52 Re: Stashing Pads
July 05, 2019, 02:25:10 pm
A reminder: you are only allowed to walk along that wall if you and your little group account for greater than 1 fifth of the total climbing going on in that place.

and have done one of the classic trade routes a minimum of 500 times, which will be calculated by a jury of your peers on the back of a beer mat and pinned below the problem in question

Bradders

• forum hero
#53 Re: Stashing Pads
July 05, 2019, 03:19:11 pm
This example is quite clearly one side of the line!

Brilliant! Clearly a case of familiarity breeding contempt.

In any event, you wouldn't catch me leaving my Blubber pad anywhere it might be found; those things ain't cheap!

Doylo

• forum hero
#54 Re: Stashing Pads
July 05, 2019, 08:02:45 pm
If I left a pad there I’d be amazed if it was still there when I returned.

tomtom

• forum hero
#55 Re: Stashing Pads
July 05, 2019, 10:07:59 pm
It’s a classic bit of trolling I recon. Good effort.

carlisle slapper

• menacing presence
#56 Re: Stashing Pads
July 05, 2019, 10:12:33 pm
Funny Story this...

i was there the other day showing Tim why the county is so much nicer and an outdoor instructor was mucking around with a group of kids, obviously with the ladder gone there was no safe way up (god forbid) so after shaking hands and getting them to kick some mud on the poor styan whilst trying to hang off it (and clapping Tims grand opera ascent) they started ferreting round the rocks, the guy seemed to be finding all sorts, even some money. Then he pops out with a £150 blubber pad and i thought f***kin hell he's got some ratching skills, i almost let him walk off with it, then i thought i better uphold the climbers code. Me and Tim persuaded him that we probably could find its owner (we've both already got one) and to leave it with us, i didnt let on how much it was worth but he begrudgingly yet kindly handed it over. We popped it in the wall (Eden Rock) and i've been lax posting up places (sorry), however it is warm and safe.

I'd like to ballpoint the picnic claim. I've been climbing on the stone since i was 14 and have rattled up the sitter on a night session without lights, pads or shoes, nerr nerr nerr. One thing i've never done is stash a pad at one of the busiest tourist spots in the lakes!! you lot are lucky buggers really that the pad isnt in an outdoor centre now. If you must stash a pad there then shove it up the hillside somewhere, at least make people work for their bounty. This tops Turner stashing the worlds tiniest pad in Kentmere for years.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#57 Re: Stashing Pads
July 05, 2019, 10:30:34 pm
Isn't the blubber pad that big handkerchief? Big but thin as fuck? You could probably fold it up and pop it in the glove box (they were complaining of not having enough room in the car on the other channel).

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
#58 Re: Stashing Pads
July 05, 2019, 10:32:03 pm
This tops Turner stashing the worlds tiniest pad in Kentmere for years.

:lol:

turnipturned

• forum abuser
#59 Re: Stashing Pads
July 05, 2019, 10:33:39 pm
Give me my pad back.

Plus I campused picnic naked so I win!

Bradders

• forum hero
#60 Re: Stashing Pads
July 05, 2019, 11:03:33 pm
Plus I campused picnic naked so I win!

How many times though?  :lol:

Maybe should have a competition to see who gets to keep the pad. Whoever does Picnic most times in a day wins.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#61 Re: Stashing Pads
July 06, 2019, 06:54:32 am
I've eaten picnics whilst naked on campus; do I get a prize? I'll settle for guns, gold, or tins of soup for my "doomsday prepping" Brexit stash, or in the spirit of the UKC poster, a special dispensation to fly-tip.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#62 Re: Stashing Pads
September 22, 2019, 03:03:15 pm
The Wave near Beddgelert, beautiful woodland setting, 10 minute steady uphill walk (I managed with two pads and a sack, after having nearly killed myself getting to Caeddafydd earlier in the day), and from the looks of it, a spotter on the built up landing is more important than a dozen pads...

teestub

• forum hero
  • Cyber Wanker
#63 Re: Stashing Pads
September 22, 2019, 04:24:32 pm
What a mess. At least you could have a kip between attempts though!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal