UKBouldering.com

Beginners bouldering north Wales (Read 2003 times)

James Malloch

• forum hero
Beginners bouldering north Wales
May 06, 2018, 11:58:56 am
I'm in north Wales for the weekend and planning to get out bouldering tomorrow. The obvious plan was the cave but there's a few people who are new to climbing in the group I'm with who've asked to join.

Is there any where that's got a good range of easier problems (4/5/low 6's) which would be worth a look? Ideally with good landings though I've got a bunch of pads so can make decent landings if required.

We're based in Conwy at the moment so somewhere close or on the way back to Leeds would be ideal.

Any thoughts would be welcomed. I've got both the new guides with me so could go somewhere for sport also.

tomtom

• forum hero
#1 Re: Beginners bouldering north Wales
May 06, 2018, 02:44:20 pm
RAC boulders. Not exactly on your way home but a great spot for beginners.

Always Harmers wood on the way back - 5 min from the M56...

joeisidle

• addict
#2 Re: Beginners bouldering north Wales
May 06, 2018, 07:03:10 pm
Also not exactly on your way back being in the middle of the Ogwen Valley, but the Caseg Fraith boulders are only a few minutes from the parking and have good vertical wall climbing in the font 5-6 range (though some is a bit highball), with some harder stuff right next to it. 

James Malloch

• forum hero
#3 Re: Beginners bouldering north Wales
May 08, 2018, 08:48:11 am
Thanks for the suggestions! We went with RAC boulders and had a nice day out. Worked out nicely given I shouldn't really be climbing on my finger at the moment so I got to do plenty also.

Ended up lounging around a lot in the sun but it was perfect for those who hadn't climbed outdoors before. Made me psyched to get to Wales and the lakes more!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal