UKBouldering.com

Kitchen / Bathroom swap (Read 1579 times)

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
Kitchen / Bathroom swap
May 01, 2018, 09:55:41 pm
I'm hoping to tap into the vast wealth of knowledge on here. We've just had an offer accepted on a place in Glasgow. It's a conversion in an old Georgian townhouse. It's fine as it is, but we have grand plans for the layout and want to get it done right away.

Basically, we would like to move the bathroom into where the kitchen currently is, and then knock through from the lounge into the old bathroom to make a large open plan lounge / kitchen. Existing layout:

We're not sure if there's a soil pipe for where the toilet will be, but I *think* there's an external pipe outside that wall, so wouldn't be too major to tap into that (I hope...).

Any thoughts on typical costs? Good resources for working it out? (obviously been googling already). New bathroom will be quite simple - double size walk in shower, toilet, sink. Want classic half height wood panelling to stay with the Georgian townhouse feel. Kitchen may have a few modern design fittings but it's not going to be huge, the room is 2.8m x 2m, but will probably be more like 2.8 x 3m once pushed into the lounge. There will be a reasonable amount of carpentry and plastering to be done, but all stud work so nothing too onerous.

Anyone done anything similar? Pitfalls?

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 10:03:40 pm by Fultonius »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal