UKBouldering.com

Movie maker help (Read 1645 times)

old cheese

• obsessive maniac
  • does my arse look big in this
Movie maker help
July 01, 2018, 09:39:32 pm
I know it’s a bit shit but it is the only movie editing software I have.

I hope this makes sense.......I am doing a film for my school and have uploaded a song to the timeline and am adding clips to the timeline above. The problem is that every time I add a new clip, I have to rewind the whole this to the beginning as the music resets or does not stay where it left. Now this ain’t a problem early in the video, it’s just 3:30 in I add a clip, have to reset it to the beginning and wait for 3:30 for it to get to the bit I just added or edited before I see if the clips I just added is synchronised (which it generally isn’t)

I know it should not work like this and wondered if any of you wise people know how to help me?

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#1 Re: Movie maker help
July 02, 2018, 08:48:03 am
I am also currently lumbered with MM as my only editing package of choice - as a general rule I only put the music in last, so not stumbled over that bug / "feature" you've found!

old cheese

• obsessive maniac
  • does my arse look big in this
#2 Re: Movie maker help
July 02, 2018, 09:06:53 am
Ahh thanks for the reply TT. Sadly this is a video where the pupils use makaton sign language to join in with a song essentially signing the words of the song so for me it is vital that I put the music on first!  Arse!

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#3 Re: Movie maker help
July 02, 2018, 09:31:42 am
Not sure if I'm experienced in how to sort that one, or if there's a workaround.

I used to use Sony's most basic program (think it was about £25 a year download) and that had way more in the way of features / customisation potential, but for me suffered from the other extreme, that it was so bloody complicated I was unsure of what I was doing half the time!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal