UKBouldering.com

Family holiday with Beach & boulders Europe April? (Read 3064 times)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Any ideas where I could go over Easter with beaches, sea (snorkelling and beginners kid friendly body boarding would be a bonus) and crucially warmth but have the option of some easily accessible bouldering. Wildlife & nature shizzle would be a bonus too.

At a push we could take some ropes but it'd have to be somewhere with easy stuff for the kids where they won't get too boooooored.

Tenerife looks a possibility, anyone been that could recommend?

webbo

• forum hero
I went about 10 or more years ago with the missus and daughter. We stayed in a big Spanish run hotel complex in Los Christinos or whatever it called. Hotel was fine lots of swimming pools but those resorts on the south coast are Blackpool with sun. There are some nicer looking fishing villages  further East up the coast, which is nearer the bouldering.
I thought the bouldering was pretty good.
I took a pad out with me but these days I think you can hire them somewhere nowadays.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
As Webbo said. Main bouldering is in the gorge. That time of year will need to be before sun is too up, or in the evenings.

Las Americas if quite blackpool esq. Los Cristianos not as much. Adeje has some nicer areas, and further away, Alcala.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
if you do go to Tenerife - we have stayed at https://www.chayofacountryclub.com/en a couple of times

spacious apartments/villas, main pool is heated a bit, generally quiet, gym, on the road that goes up to the volcano

best kid friendly snorkelling for us was at Playa De San Juan - some directly off the sheltered beach (free parking, decent food) and some deeper stuff accessible via a set of steps/ladder off the rocks

snorkelling in the sheltered bit

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Cheers guys?

Biggest problem I'm having with Tenerife now is cost of flights, over £400 each seems a bit steep, and that's probably before bags, seats, etc hhave to be added.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
tried flights from Leeds Bradford?

webbo

• forum hero
I went at Easter and yes it was hot as Adam points out, but there is stuff in the shade and it’s not humid. I would rather climb in the sun there than at the Plantation in August.

tomtom

• forum hero
I’m there right now. In Puerto de la Cruz in the North. Far more civilised than the South :)

I’ve a guide you can borrow too if interested. Flights can be much (it is a long flight) esp during hols...

Our travel agents here are saying it’s less packed (bit cheaper) here than 16 or 17 as now Tunisia and Egypt have stabilIsed folk are heading back there (esp Germans and Russians - who started coming to Tenerife post Egypt plane bombing).

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Flights are proving the sticking point, you can pretty much buy a 2 week package holiday for the cost of a direct flight. 

Actually found a decent hotel in PdlC (when I say decent I mean only slightly tacky, the least shit option) but then you're an hour from the bouldering.

Might have to start looking at other options

tomtom

• forum hero
Some bouldering in pdlc (I can tell you where but not extensive that I’ve seen - but there will be more - locals will know etc..) and some sport routes as well.

i.munro

• junky

Might have to start looking at other options

Tinos ? Assuming that Mykonos filghts are happening by then.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal