UKBouldering.com

Robin Hood Stride and Cratcliffe Bouldering (Read 3075 times)

AMorris

• obsessive maniac
  • Trying to find form
Off to CWIF on the weekend (punters session, obviously) and we are stopping at Robin Hood Stride and Cratcliffe tomorrow for a spot of falling off gritstone.

Can anyone in the know give me a clue as to what the local classics are? Any grade up to high 7's, I want to get a few nice problems climbed since I wont likely be back for a while.

Thank you in advance!

mark20

• junky
The obvious ones of the top of my head -

Dry Wit In A Wet Country 7A nice highball slab left of Kaluza Klein
Grizzly Arete 6C with the crimp out right these days? Originally guppied at 7A
Cave Problem 7A
Jerry's Arete 7A I thought the low start was worthwhile too, a bit of extra pump for the top moves.
Big Al Quida 7B Great knacky problem, a must do if dry. A few pads useful to flatten out landing
Ben's Wall 7C Soft if you're tall

Razor Roof 6C Lovely. The 7A+ to right is said to be good but it's a skin trasher
The Egg 6A Very gritstone, slabby arete.
T-Crack 7B & Jerry's Traverse (often has a line of runoff/seepage) 7B Powerful indoor style problems

Braindead 6B the arete of the block hidden below Suicide Wall is well worth doing.

AMorris

• obsessive maniac
  • Trying to find form
thats great, much appreciated! I hadnt got much further than the classic 2 7B's and the egg, but I will definitely check these out

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
To add to the others:

Slab on the face round the corner for Ben's Wall is a good if short-lived 7a (just don't start it off a stakced pad)
The straight up through Jerry's Traverse is a good, seem to recall it's 6c

bigironhorse

• junky
    • YouTube
Chapel of rest and wish are worth it if you get through everything else!

AMorris

• obsessive maniac
  • Trying to find form
cheers all, was a great trip and made the most of the dry bits of rock floating around. Highlights were definitely getting up the egg (best 6 on grit) and flashing Jerry's Trav for my first 7B flash

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal