UKBouldering.com

[Yorkshire][Caley Crag][Stickslap Arete][6B] (Read 2925 times)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
This one is just asking to be retro-claimed. Even as I type, I'm sure that there are whirling red warning lights and sirens going off in Webbo's secret underground bunker, an encoded message coming through on the ticker tape warning him that some young scrote is about to claim something that got done every night after work in the 70s. But I've checked UKC, the Dunning guide, the old Yorkshire Grit definitive, the new definitive, 20 odd crags, and peakbouldering.info (and thus yorkshiregrit.com as was) and there is not so much as a whisper of this being done.

It's good climbing, it's entirely independent of Slapstick Arete (if you don't use the big fat handhold on the left, which most people don't nowadays. As such, it's well worth doing.

Climb the thin arete left of Slapstick Arete via a dynamic move. The top is very green but you catch a crenellated finger jug so it doesn't make any difference.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhUFnxcj-cp/

tim palmer

• forum abuser
I have done this to clean the top of slapstick arete proper as many have before i am sure

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
Indeed, it was too obvious to be new really. Rob Fenton says he did it when I was a toddler. Nevertheless, it's definitely worth recording.

webbo

• forum hero
Isn’t that sentry box HVS 5B with  out doing the hard bit in to sentry box. I suspect that if anyone had done that back in the stone age they would be too embarrassed to claim it. :lol:

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
I knew you wouldn't let me down.

dunnyg

• forum hero
Andy_e is disappointingly slow off the mark. Possible new game for slow days in th office, post up obscure problems and see if you can call when the first retro claim will come in.

tomtom

• forum hero
Andy_e is disappointingly slow off the mark. Possible new game for slow days in th office, post up obscure problems and see if you can call when the first retro claim will come in.

I believe he’s “out of office” - he was on the same flight as me yesterday evening. We didn’t need to discuss the Will / no new problem situation, a rolling upwards of the eyes and a brief shrug was enough.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
Meh, I was almost positive that it would have been done before, but you never know, do you? If I'd thought it was likely to be new I might have given it a more imaginative name. This is really just to record it publicly as it is worth pointing people at. There are far poorer problems at the crag in that grade range which get traffic.

tomtom

• forum hero
I was hoping for Wills Arete....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal