UKBouldering.com

annoying nero/media playa thing (Read 846 times)

dave

annoying nero/media playa thing
September 14, 2004, 10:43:37 pm
when you burn an audio CD of mp3s in either nero or windows media player, it does this annoying thin of putting a small pause between each track. you can turn it off in nero(version 5.5.10.20) by erasing them against each track (a ballache on a 30 track hiphop CD) but i can't believe theres not an easier way of turning it off by default. I mean if you record a downloaded mixed CD or album it comes out fucked up with gaps. surely theres a way of turning it off, but i've not spotted owt obvious in the options/preferences - anyone?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 annoying nero/media playa thing
September 14, 2004, 10:46:31 pm
I don't remember the exact settings but in Nero, after you've moved all your tracks into the left hand pane; select them all, then choose file/compilation properties

Somewhere in that menu you can set the gap between tracks to 0 seconds (the default is 2).

When you start the burn, it'll kick out an error saying you need 2 secs before the first track, but no big deal, just ok that and you're sorted. Usually works pretty well, though you sometimes still get a slight blip.

samJ

• player
    • http://www.wackylabs.net
#2 annoying nero/media playa thing
September 14, 2004, 10:47:20 pm
well in Nero  (6.3.1.6) there is a column called "Pause" which has the number 2 in it. Right  clicking on the track (or selecting all tracks and doing the same) and choosing "properties" gives ya a window with a box called "Pause" in it with the number 2 in.

Put a number 0 in the box.

Robert is your mothers borther!

dave

#3 annoying nero/media playa thing
September 14, 2004, 10:49:26 pm
ah yeah - i've done that individually for tracks before, didn't realise you could select em all and still do it  :roll: dime.....bar

cheers
fucking stupid thing to default to, cos then by default any slightly mixed or continous album is fucked up. :evil:

word

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#4 annoying nero/media playa thing
September 14, 2004, 10:59:25 pm
The same thing is the only bad point I've found on the iPod - the gap is nowhere near 2 secs, more like about 1/4 sec but still a bit annoying  :evil:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal