UKBouldering.com

[Scotland][NW] Kishorn probs (Read 2534 times)

Alex-the-Alex

• menacing presence
[Scotland][NW] Kishorn probs
February 26, 2018, 10:57:12 pm
Got a day in at Applecross last week and found this lovely wall down by the Bog Boulder. It looked unclimbed judging by the lichen coverage, possibly due to the 6ft bogmoat surrounding it. I built a causeway and patio beneath though and climbed 2/3 lines on the front face. All bangers. Anyone know if they might have been done before? Would Richie Betts?DanV? Did another further up the hill from a sitter which was fun too. Below Synapse Groove (which is so good!).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/140396518@N05/26634627448/in/dateposted-public/

« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 11:04:28 pm by Alex-the-Alex »

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#1 Re: [Scotland][NW] Kishorn probs
February 27, 2018, 12:11:56 am
Good effort on the patioing! Those problems look ace, I'm going up next month, might give them a look, what are the grades? Ish

richieb

• menacing presence
#2 Re: [Scotland][NW] Kishorn probs
February 27, 2018, 09:20:09 am
Hello Alex. Nice one, I recognize this wall and as far as I know these are new problems. Unless of course they had been done many years ago and not reported.
It was on my list for a dry spell but I never got round to it, good effort. I'd also be keen to go and try these, so if you can post up some names and grades that would be great.
Cheers

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#3 Re: [Scotland][NW] Kishorn probs
February 27, 2018, 04:43:24 pm
Good work. That rock is of such good quality, hard to not get good probs done!

Alex-the-Alex

• menacing presence
#4 Re: [Scotland][NW] Kishorn probs
February 27, 2018, 10:47:07 pm
Cheers. The patio is decent but still requires wellies and a tarp over it. it just keeps the pads above the actual waterline. Thanks Richie. Il give them names and deets in that case.

Bog Wall

Chlorellie - 6cish - The left side of the wall aiming for the pocket and rail.
Bogsprite - 6b+ - Easier variant of above escaping left at the horn/handle on the arete
Peatbog Faery - 6c/+ - The right side of the wall starting at the ramp. Trend left via the pocket and high crimp to the good rail below the apex.

Plate Boulder(?) (unless it has a name allready?) - Just south of the Brains Boulder in a slight dip. One good clean west facing wall

Press & Journal - 6b - Sit start to the centre face. Start sat in the pit and press up through good crimp rails. 4+ from standing.

Like Chris says the rock is so good there. The features on that wall are brilliant. Loads of little crimps and foot pebbles. Kishorn has to be one of the best areas ive been to for easy stuff, 3-5s too. Not to mention the hard classics. And theyre all a delight to climb! Just needs a good topo done.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal