UKBouldering.com

Spotify Family (Read 2621 times)

SamT

• forum hero
Spotify Family
January 11, 2018, 05:42:16 pm
I've just upgraded to Family on Spotify (see other topic) but it seems bonkers to me that you cant filter 'explicit' tagged content for other Users.  Seems like such a simple no-brainer to me.  Am I missing something?

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#1 Re: Spotify Family
January 11, 2018, 08:11:17 pm
I was looking at that and raised it with them. No not possible, said they'd have their developers look at it, can't believe I'm the first to ask though so not expecting anything to happen.

You can do it with Deezer but only having taken a family subscription, was hoping to be able to try it out on the free version first. I've paid 99p for 3 months to check it out, seems pretty similar, actually prefer it for finding original albums that don't have unnecessary bonus tracks fillers tagged on the end.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#2 Re: Spotify Family
January 12, 2018, 09:08:03 am
I have found the "explicit" filter to be a bit hit and miss anyway.

For example, Una is a big fan of Bruno Mars' "24 Carat Magic", which has some (admittedly mild) swearing but isn't tagged.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#3 Re: Spotify Family
January 12, 2018, 04:34:53 pm
This might not be a priority, or even necessary, in their opnion due to the minimum user age of 13. Maybe they assume most kids have heard it all by then anyway and could actually put kids off using it of they can't get access to all the cool swearing that their friends can?

When conversing with tech support I did suggest being able to toggle explicit content on and off would be desirable to prevent scenarios like when you're playing music in your garden on a summer weekend and some twit has buried an explicit track in their otherwise ambient mix/playlist and you end up treating your elderly neighbours and their young grandchildren to some industrial language.  Happened to a mate of mine  :whistle:

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#4 Re: Spotify Family
January 12, 2018, 07:48:40 pm
I think you can do this on google play music. Just upgraded to family but having trouble side-loading google apps onto childs profile on their amazon fire tablets. May have to bite the bullet and switch to spotify for ease

SamT

• forum hero
#5 Re: Spotify Family
January 15, 2018, 11:38:22 am

Cheers for the replies guys,  kind of backs up what I thought i.e. probably the 13 age limit thing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal