UKBouldering.com

Project 8a (Read 9286 times)

Yossarian

more Offline
  • forum hero
#100 Re: Project 8a
December 18, 2017, 05:04:14 pm
Thanks to various complications over the past few months, Iíve not managed to move forwards with all this. I seem to have become my own worst enemy as far as maintaining any consistency. Itís fine when things in general are going well, but as soon as there are deadlines and / or stress / anxiety levels mount, I end up cutting out training. And putting weight back on.

Iím not entirely sure what to do in the short term. Without any obvious opportunities for trips abroad or protracted sieges, Iím thinking perhaps the best thing is to accept that training indoors can be an end in itself until I figure out a better plan.

erm, sam

more Offline
  • forum hero
#101 Re: Project 8a
December 18, 2017, 05:28:03 pm
Just keep fingerboarding.

You can fit this in even when busy and it makes the most difference over eg a year. Make sure the fingerboard is in the house, get a standarised warmup and keep doing it. 1x week when busy, 2x when you have time.

Over a while of doing nothing else, this will make a definate positive difference..

SA Chris

more Offline
  • forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#102 Re: Project 8a
December 18, 2017, 06:08:01 pm
This. When the stress stacks up is when i really need a weekly session down the wall, even if it means leaving the office at 8 and only getting an hour and a half in.

Am i alone in actually losing weight when stressed? I usually don't feel hungry and so eat less, often breakfast and have time for a minimal lunch.

Sasquatch

more Offline
  • forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#103 Re: Project 8a
December 18, 2017, 06:16:01 pm

You can fit this in even when busy and it makes the most difference over eg a year. Make sure the fingerboard is in the house, get a standarised warmup and keep doing it. 1x week when busy, 2x when you have time.

Over a while of doing nothing else, this will make a definate positive difference..
Agreed!

and if you're not getting other exercise, a bit of body weight conditioning goes a LONG way to maintaining str so you don't have to start over. 

Yossarian

more Offline
  • forum hero
#104 Re: Project 8a
December 19, 2017, 08:47:05 am

Thatís a decent plan. Itís currently in the garage which was earmarked for conversion into training facility but has just been filled with the contents of my unit (a massive pain in the arse in itself), so separating the two would be quite a positive thing.

And daughter wants a pull-up bar, so both could end up in the house upstairs in adjoining doorways.

Yossarian

more Offline
  • forum hero
#105 Re: Project 8a
December 20, 2017, 02:08:46 pm
This. When the stress stacks up is when i really need a weekly session down the wall, even if it means leaving the office at 8 and only getting an hour and a half in.

Am i alone in actually losing weight when stressed? I usually don't feel hungry and so eat less, often breakfast and have time for a minimal lunch.

Apologies Chris - I didnít reply.

My wife commutes Mon-Thurs so I deal with the kids midweek evenings. Which is why I was hoping to get a board built to make home training more interesting, but thatís not going to happen for a while now.

Daughter has class at the wall Sat mornings and I usually get 2-3 hours done then. One other wall sesh midweek and some fingerboarding really is achievable so I should stop complaining.