UKBouldering.com

Birchen Graffiti (Read 3373 times)

Rob_Greenwood

Birchen Graffiti
December 18, 2017, 09:53:55 pm
Anyone got any advice for removing what looks to be permanent marker from rock?

There's an evocative number at the base of Thing on a Spring/Powder Monkey Parade which reads 'UNI PUSSY FUCKD HERE'. If there's one thing I hate more than graffiti, it's someone that does graffiti and spells their expletives incorrectly...

I spotted one other, but there may be others - this one was the most obvious by far. Pic on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rob_Greenwood/status/942874770424651778

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#1 Re: Birchen Graffiti
December 19, 2017, 10:01:16 am
The thing about this particular inscription is that it's on super-polished grit so it's a totally different beast to the scrittly stuff. If you scrubbed it off with a wire brush it'd leave a fragile sandy patch.

Scouse D

• forum hero
#2 Re: Birchen Graffiti
December 19, 2017, 10:43:02 am
I reckon some nail varnish remover would work a treat and not damage the rock at all.

SamT

• forum hero
#3 Re: Birchen Graffiti
December 19, 2017, 11:45:32 am
Yer - a solvent of some description I'd say. Rubbing Alcohol (ethanol)  or acetone (nail varnish remover).

Google suggests toothpaste is quite good too.  got to be worth a shot.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#4 Re: Birchen Graffiti
December 19, 2017, 01:35:25 pm
What or whom do we suppose might have been fuckd in that particular spot? A lady who was enrolled at a university? Two or more vaginas that had been combined into one unified vagina? A person, a foreign dignitary perhaps, called Uni Pussy? If the latter then surely a blue plaque is a more fitting commemoration.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 01:55:49 pm by Will Hunt »

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#5 Re: Birchen Graffiti
December 19, 2017, 02:42:03 pm
It's certainly unclear whether the graffiti is to commemorate an event or to advertise a service.

Ally Smith

• obsessive maniac
#6 Re: Birchen Graffiti
December 19, 2017, 03:31:56 pm
Before going over-board, have you established whether the ink is water-soluble?

A dishwasher brush and soapy water might be just the ticket, and avoid the need for harsher treatment with solvents and wire brushes...

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#7 Re: Birchen Graffiti
December 19, 2017, 04:43:37 pm
It's certainly unclear whether the graffiti is to commemorate an event or to advertise a service.

But surely if an individual were to advertise a uni pussy fucking service it would serve their interests to note what the hours of business were. If Rob should have so desired to have his uni pussy fucked he would have had no idea when he should return.

user deactivated

#8 Re: Birchen Graffiti
December 19, 2017, 05:04:08 pm
Why not leave it there? I would

Rob_Greenwood

#9 Re: Birchen Graffiti
December 19, 2017, 06:26:46 pm
Will, I think you've hit the nail on the head here - if they'd have provided a time, date, or phone number I'd have been completely ok with it  :-)

Ally, I gave it a good go with the tried and tested spit and squeegie approach (which in itself sounds like a kind of aftercare package that should be made available after one has been Uni Pussy Fuckd), but to no avail. As such it's looking like I'll resort to 'Phase 1' of the removal process, which - if the popular vote is to be believed - is nail polish remover. I'll go easy to begin with and see how it goes.

Worst comes to worst I'll take a permanent marker in order to recreate a kind of COOK PASS BABTRIDGE state of affairs...

tomtom

• forum hero
#10 Re: Birchen Graffiti
December 20, 2017, 11:55:15 am
Oni Possy Pockd

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal