UKBouldering.com

new problems at Robin Hood Stride (Read 1727 times)

static steve

new problems at Robin Hood Stride
December 05, 2017, 09:48:46 pm
I have cleaned a huge mat of moss and brambles from 2 blocks between Jerrys arête and the cave. The big slab his been chipped so its probably been done before. Despite that, it climbs ok with a good finish.5b/c.
 I did a problem which starts on the scoop using a rounded layaway for the left and a dimple for the right. Bimble leftwards up the scoop to get on the slab. Climb through the overlap. good. "Dark Horse". 6c ish.
The block to the right has some really good features on it and is worth the effort:
1)sit start the slab next to the fat oak using the big slot and pocket. pull on to the nice side-pull. to top out.5b. nice.
2)same slab from standing using a rugosity and pocket you can just about fit 2 tips into. rock up to the clam shaped hold and up. "Mollusc". 5c. good
A sit start would go at about 6b (skin was a bit thin by then)
3)Sit start the giant flake. Stay on the flake until you can reach the top. "Scorn Flake". Nice.5b.
4)Sit start using the opposing side-pulls. pull up to the rounded edge. 5b.
 I did these on the 17th and 30th November.
You can see photos and footage on The Southern Esoteric Bouldering Companion which is an excellent site whos stars are leading the way in opening up new bouldering problems in newish areas in the south Derbyshire area.
Thanks. bye.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal