UKBouldering.com

[Peak][Roaches][Roach End Rock][3 problems] (Read 3532 times)

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
[Peak][Roaches][Roach End Rock][3 problems]
November 07, 2017, 01:06:39 pm
Three problems on the boulder that is visible from the Back Forest parking at Roach End.

Bare Hug (mid to high 6)
The left arête.
Sit start on the arête, with a stiff pull to the rib, then hug this and the left arête to the top

Nasty Nelly (low to mid 7)
The central line
Sit start on opposing crimps, pull up to the sloping central arête then up right to the jug on top.

Nelly's Nethers (low to mid 6)
The right arête.
Sit start on the arête, pull into the scoop, then jugs out left to rock back into the scoop.

teapot

• regular
Any photos? Is it the boulder attached to the old house? I think that is visible from the parking or that boulder up and to the right of the path, which definitely is.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
I've got photos of the boulder and a vid of Nasty Nelly but I can't access my photobucket at the mo. (Is there a way of uploading straight from phones now?). It's not attached to a house. I think it's the first boulder on the walk in towards the Roaches, on the right side of the track.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I think you can upload photos straight from phone using Tapatalk.

dave

Tapatalk that no longer works.....

Andy if you stick the photos in a google drive or dropbox they should be able to display on here OK. Photobucket seems an unusable shitshow of popup adverts these days.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
Bare Hug:

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
Hmm. That didn't work then.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
Is the whole folder viewable with that link or just the one photo? I don't have a clue what I'm doing with Dropbox.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Sorry Andy, I did one of these last year. Written up in this update post - http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,27482.msg534457.html#msg534457

Roaches – Bearstone Rock
This is the name given on the OS map to the westmost boulder at Roach End, obvious from the nearby parking. Worth a stop-off given it’s the shortest approach of any block on the crag.
* Ursa Major 7A+ - Climb the front right prow/arete from a sit start on a thin flake.  A hard move off an unhelpful pinch.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
That's alright, I only did them as I walked past, after failing to get parked at the other end. That's the best of the three, but the other two are decent as well.

dave

You walk past these as you approach far skyline from the north end parking right?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal