the shizzle > equipment

scarpa instinct vsr fit narrow feet

<< < (2/6) > >>

abarro81:
I have quite narrow, low volume feet.. and find scarpa (in general) fit me better than 5:10 (in general) so  :-\
That said, the velcro instincts don't fit at all, not even close. I use Booster S for most stuff and the new Instinct Laces for toe/heel hooking...

T_B:
I had a pair of Booster S and thought they were wider than the Instincts!

So, to conclude, you need to try them on. Obvs.

yetix:

--- Quote from: abarro81 on November 02, 2017, 02:30:09 pm ---I have quite narrow, low volume feet.. and find scarpa (in general) fit me better than 5:10 (in general) so  :-\

--- End quote ---

Aye 5:10 mens shoes are way to wide for me, I've used womens shoes mostly.

Scarpa Drago's were great for a brief period after the pain barrier stopped but then the heel bagged out a fair bit and I end up boarderline snapping the strap at this point trying to make them tighter (probably me just being a tit imo)

Nutty:

--- Quote from: abarro81 on November 02, 2017, 02:30:09 pm ---I have quite narrow, low volume feet.. and find scarpa (in general) fit me better than 5:10 (in general) so  :-\

--- End quote ---

Is this a reflection of the generally limited terms we use to describe foot shape (i.e. wide, narrow, low volume being about the extent of it) in discussing climbing shoes? Toe geometry (e.g. having a longer big toe or second toe), how high your arches are, width of both fore-foot and heel, ankle shape etc. all play a major part in whether a shoe fits or not. I love the Instinct S, but can't tolerate the Instinct VS despite being ostensibly the same last as the strap/buckle is really uncomfortable on my ankle. I should really try the Instinct lace.

Fultonius:
Has anyone else found the VSR to fit slightly looser than the VS? I've 43.5 in most Scarpa shoes and have been through 2 pairs of Instinct VS's and one pair of Instinct Lace-ups - that's my size!  Picked up a pair of VSRs off a guy on UKC, worn once, also 43.5.

First day on them up at tunnel wall and the felt pretty good - nice to have that touch more sensitivity and stickiness, but yesterday at Dumbarton on Endurance I was finding them a bit baggy (the upper rubber on the toes was crumpling) and I was actually struggling on the lower crux so I'll be switching back to VSs for that.

Is it just the softer rubber stretching more under load? I am 80kg and the edge is about 4mm...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version