UKBouldering.com

scarpa instinct vsr fit narrow feet (Read 6158 times)

MischaHY

• obsessive maniac
#25 Re: scarpa instinct vsr fit narrow feet
February 12, 2024, 01:11:08 pm
Thanks for the help.

I'll have a look at some lace-ups but I've pretty much always worn velcro/slippers and not had issues before so I'm hoping I can stick with them for the sake of laziness.

I'll check out the TN Pros too, I should've said I was looking at the Flagship LV as I had heard that the standard Flagship has a higher volume than the Instinct. Is the TN Pro not a lot stiffer than the VSR?

Will have to get down to Outside to see what fits.

Lace shoes are 1-2 seconds more faff than velcro, don't sacrifice a significant difference in fit for the sake of some idealised 'speed'. It's missing the point entirely.

M1V0

• addict
#26 Re: scarpa instinct vsr fit narrow feet
February 12, 2024, 01:47:27 pm
I would suggest laced shoes are good for reducing dead space in the heels. I used to wear instincts fairly exclusively, currently wearing UP Sirius, but get good mileage from Testarossas. Oddly never tried laced instincts. In general I find that you can pull the laces tight which draws in the material more effectively than straps.

Anecdotally, I had a pair of Skwamas and hated them, the toe positioning never felt close enough to the end of the shoe. They were very different to instincts. I got rid of them very quickly.
It was the pseudo no-edge rounding of the contact point which ruined the Skwama for me, I never felt solid on small edges. It felt like buying a pre-worn sole unit. I pity those whose feet don't suit Instinct VSRs because they suit me so well I doubt I'll ever try another shoe again.
I found that on small edges I felt like my foot was still six inches from the wall. Precise footwork was non-existent.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal