the shizzle > equipment

scarpa instinct vsr fit narrow feet

<< < (5/6) > >>

M1V0:
I would suggest laced shoes are good for reducing dead space in the heels. I used to wear instincts fairly exclusively, currently wearing UP Sirius, but get good mileage from Testarossas. Oddly never tried laced instincts. In general I find that you can pull the laces tight which draws in the material more effectively than straps.

Anecdotally, I had a pair of Skwamas and hated them, the toe positioning never felt close enough to the end of the shoe. They were very different to instincts. I got rid of them very quickly.

User deactivated.:

--- Quote from: warmonke on February 12, 2024, 10:52:43 am ---I've got a similar issue with VSRs feeling loose and farty on the heel, mainly around the sides. Love everything else about the shoe but they just don't fit me right. Does anyone have any recommendations for similar shoes that might fit better?

I'm tempted to try the women's VS but I do like a softer shoe and I'm a bit put off by the stiffer rubber, otherwise I was maybe going to look at the UP Flagship or LS Skwama.

(Apologies for reviving this thread it seemed like the best place to ask)

--- End quote ---

The UP Flagship is higher volume than the Scarpa Instinct in the toebox at a similar width and the heel is quite a bit higher volume. The UP TN Pro is a more similar shoe to the Instinct and is slightly narrower in the toebox and a decent amount narrower in the heel. (size 8 instinct = size 9 TN Pro). I also think the rubber on the TN Pro is better than Grip 2

warmonke:
Thanks for the help.

I'll have a look at some lace-ups but I've pretty much always worn velcro/slippers and not had issues before so I'm hoping I can stick with them for the sake of laziness.

I'll check out the TN Pros too, I should've said I was looking at the Flagship LV as I had heard that the standard Flagship has a higher volume than the Instinct. Is the TN Pro not a lot stiffer than the VSR?

Will have to get down to Outside to see what fits.

User deactivated.:
I haven't tried the Flagship LV's but have heard both the LV and HV become very soft quite quickly. TN Pro's are a little bit stiffer than VSR's, but there's not much in it. They are my do everything shoe. The toebox is rounder, which I prefer on most footholds, but it wouldn't be as good on pockets.

danm:

--- Quote from: M1V0 on February 12, 2024, 11:03:09 am ---I would suggest laced shoes are good for reducing dead space in the heels. I used to wear instincts fairly exclusively, currently wearing UP Sirius, but get good mileage from Testarossas. Oddly never tried laced instincts. In general I find that you can pull the laces tight which draws in the material more effectively than straps.

Anecdotally, I had a pair of Skwamas and hated them, the toe positioning never felt close enough to the end of the shoe. They were very different to instincts. I got rid of them very quickly.

--- End quote ---
It was the pseudo no-edge rounding of the contact point which ruined the Skwama for me, I never felt solid on small edges. It felt like buying a pre-worn sole unit. I pity those whose feet don't suit Instinct VSRs because they suit me so well I doubt I'll ever try another shoe again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version