UKBouldering.com

hiangle sizing? (Read 12906 times)

ghisino

• forum abuser
hiangle sizing?
January 07, 2015, 06:09:05 pm
anyone here tied the hiangle and can comment on how they compare, sizewise, to other 5.10 models?

is it like the other downturned ones or should i take them smaller?

cha1n

• forum hero
#1 Re: hiangle sizing?
January 07, 2015, 10:37:42 pm
I have some in a 10 (same size as my dragons) and they feel good new but I think they might stretch a little. Others I know who have tried them on have recommended going down a size from street but the shop never had that size unfortunately.

They're quite stiff, I'm saving mine for limestone.

rossydoodle61

• player
#2 Re: hiangle sizing?
January 07, 2015, 10:47:35 pm
I got some recommended in a 7 (6.5 Anasazi VCS, 8 Team, 8 dragon). They were definitely too small for me. I can't tell whether the 7.5 or 8 would be best, but I'd be tempted for the 8. The 7's were really bloody painful when I finally got my foot in.

cha1n

• forum hero
#3 Re: hiangle sizing?
January 07, 2015, 10:53:31 pm
Think this proves that internet advice is variable. I can only wear a 9 in VCS, wear 9.5 in teams (black) and I could get my feet into 8.5 hiangles quite easily but they were painful.

The mens model is quite high volume and wide in the forefoot, and the toebox is very rounded on the end. Think big toe and second/third toe working together rather than the big toe working alone as is the case with many 5.10 models.

blamo

• addict
#4 Re: hiangle sizing?
January 07, 2015, 11:20:41 pm
I have a 42.5 in the hiangle and a wear a 41.5 in a La Sportiva solution.  I wish I had read the following review because my experience has been similar: http://www.splitterchoss.com/2014/12/18/five-ten-hiangle-review/  :slap:

Yoof

• menacing presence
#5 Re: hiangle sizing?
January 08, 2015, 07:33:47 am
I went a half size down from my street shoe size (somewhere between 10.5 and 11), and they haven't bagged out yet which I'm glad about. Hopefully it stays this way.

Think they're a really good option for people with narrow feet and tiny heels (like me)

ghisino

• forum abuser
#6 Re: hiangle sizing?
January 14, 2015, 03:01:21 pm
thanks for the replies.

ended up ordering same size i wear in anasazis on an online deal - so 1 full size smaller than other 5.10 downturned models.

bloody painful/almost unwearable at the beginning but they do bag out noticeably, two home wearing sessions and a couple of tricks to speed things up made 'em ready...

can't comment on their performances yet.

only things i can say: on a negative note they do look "cheap" and i'm glad i didn't pay full price for them.

on a positive note, the combination of unlined leather and a 5.10 shape feels interesting. Makes me dream about unlined-lorica anasazis...

blamo

• addict
#7 Re: hiangle sizing?
February 20, 2015, 01:38:24 am
My wife was also commenting on how they look like they were made fairly quick and dirty.  I wonder if these are some of the first new models of shoes since adidas purchased 5.10...

monkey boy

• forum hero
#8 Re: hiangle sizing?
February 20, 2015, 08:17:51 am
Sorry only just seen this. I have a pair that are half a size down (8.5) from Dragons (9) and pair that are a full size down (8, same size an Anasazi). Both fit well but the lower size took more work to break in. They do stretch quite a bit as they aren't synthetic so the smaller sizes are worth persevering with.

They are stiffer than a Dragon or Team but do soften up nicely. I basically wore nothing else in Red Rocks or Joe's before Christmas.

For me they are the most all-round shoe 5.10 has in their range and I think the best.

I also like the look, I don't think they look cheap.

T_B

• forum hero
#9 Re: hiangle sizing?
October 03, 2017, 10:56:28 am
Resurrecting this thread.

Does anyone know how the Team compares to the Hiangle in terms of fit? Is the heel shape the same?

Hiangles fit me really well (especially the heel, I could never get into a Dragon heel in the past), but I was looking for something slightly less stiff.

Thanks.

yetix

• forum abuser
#10 Re: hiangle sizing?
October 03, 2017, 11:18:36 am
cant comment on hiangle vs team

but as you as you mentioned the dragon heel not fitting thought I'd say for me (and my narrow feet) teams felt baggy in the heel (tiny dragons and womens shoes only seem to fit) hope that may help a little

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal