UKBouldering.com

The wait is over! North Wales Bouldering second edition now available (Read 18467 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
With the lakes guide in the other hand.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
@Pantontino, much thanks and well done on such an epic book covering such an inspiring area. I got fully engrossed with the now-hugely-substantial Outlying Crags area this autumn, had so much fun, and came up with this:

Duma

• forum hero
Man I want to do Ultimate Warrior so bad

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
The sit-start is the true line, although the stand is nice for 6C rookies. Incidentally the rear endpaper cover shows someone on "Ultimate Warrior 7B+".....and the lower (crux) holds are completely devoid of any chalk  :ninja:

crzylgs

• stalker
Haven't watched it all yet but looks cracking!

Have you ever filmed yourself climbing in Carrock Fell? If not then either you have a doppelganger or my memory is playing tricks on me... Seem familiar from when I was there solo, getting shutdown and desperately looking for beta on my phone :D

andy popp

• forum hero
Tremendous Matt, enjoyed every minute of that.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Cheers :)

Crzylgs, yes that could well have been me, I filmed myself on a lot of mid-grade stuff at Carrock, partly because it's ace and partly because it was a relatively realistic day trip from Glasgow, so while all the weirdos up there were stuck in disintegrating gullies in "The Norries", I was pulling up at 12pm in perfect winter sun with the car reading -1'C....had to share the psyche ;)

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
Inkerman looks like it needs an E grade.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
Inkerman looks like it needs an E grade.
Nah it's fine, landing is really good, and top-out is easy and positive, whole thing is probably 7A in retrospect. World class problem tho, great cranking on a dramatic boulder with a wonderful view.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal