places to visit > abroad

Travel insurance

<< < (7/8) > >>

Bradders:

--- Quote from: abarro81 on February 09, 2024, 12:33:07 pm ---Is that really true? Given it's a restriction in the terms, I'd was under the understanding they'd use it as a loophole to avoid paying out for anything... i.e., your policy would be void from the word go (like if you failed to disclose a pre-existing medical condition - I think they can void the policy even if a claim doesn't relate to the condition itself?)

--- End quote ---

I'd have to look at the policy terms to say 100% but what SM quoted didn't look like it's in the terms it's just an FAQ, and as I say looks to be based around covering the company by giving advice that ensures full coverage.

T_B:
Trip duration affects the premium.

If you make a claim you will need to provide evidence of your travel dates (for obvious reasons - unless you think people don’t try and take out policies after they’ve left their home country).

tk421a:
Sportscover top up is £79 for 2 weeks trad climbing in Araps.

Isn't snowcard annual around £2-300 when I've had it in the past? Of course if you're doing a few trips would be worth it. I've claimed broken electronics from them in the past.

Fultonius:
Deleted as I realised I was replying to a very old message!

Paul B:

--- Quote from: Bradders on February 09, 2024, 02:35:36 pm ---I'd have to look at the policy terms to say 100% but what SM quoted didn't look like it's in the terms it's just an FAQ, and as I say looks to be based around covering the company by giving advice that ensures full coverage.

--- End quote ---

It's in the terms. We ended up putting in a relatively big claim in Madagascar for transport and medical treatment and the first thing I had to do was provide evidence of my flights.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version