UKBouldering.com

Pedals (Read 5648 times)

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
Pedals
July 10, 2017, 10:54:16 am
Any opinions on these two....? I get the impression they're both decent and similar, but never used looks; I'm slightly tempted as they're cheaper and lighter.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-ultegra-6800-spd-sl-pedals/

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/keo-2-max-carbon-clipless-road-bike-pedals-id_8384981.html

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#1 Re: Pedals
July 10, 2017, 11:01:08 am
I've been using the Ultegras for just over a year and love them.

peewee

• obsessive maniac
  • Wilko Baggins
  • If in doubt, Lock it out (Dynamically)
#2 Re: Pedals
July 10, 2017, 01:13:43 pm
I've just for the standard Shimano Road pedals, been looking to upgrade but cant see what spending anymore on some slightly lighter pedals would gain bar bringing my bike under 8kg. Might upgrade when the bearings have gone. Having used the Shimano pedals though I find them nice to use, plenty of float using the yellow cleats, easy to clip unclip etc.

tlr

• forum abuser
  • tim-russon.myportfolio Instagram tim_russon
    • Myportfolio
#3 Re: Pedals
July 10, 2017, 02:03:43 pm
Nothing to choose between them really. Both are massive names in pedals with proven technology and readily available spares. Both will work brilliantly.

steveri

• forum abuser
  • More average than you
    • Some poor pictures
#4 Re: Pedals
July 10, 2017, 02:25:27 pm
I've got the Looks and they've been fine. They've just developed a bit of creak/play after around 4,000 miles, but with zero maintenance. Faffing may cure.

Paul B

• forum hero
#5 Re: Pedals
July 10, 2017, 04:47:59 pm
There's less float in the look std. cleats, I don't think this'd be a good thing with my gammy right leg (but what do I know!?).

TobyD

• forum hero
#6 Re: Pedals
July 10, 2017, 05:26:34 pm
I've got the Looks and they've been fine. They've just developed a bit of creak/play after around 4,000 miles, but with zero maintenance. Faffing may cure.
I read a review that says if you clean the cleats it stops. But maybe you could do with a new pair after that distance?

TobyD

• forum hero
#7 Re: Pedals
July 10, 2017, 05:30:51 pm
Thanks all, I've never had anything really bad from Shimano, although my Sora 2012 shifters are friggin annoying. I'm currently erring towards the looks. Paul B have you become a MAMIL now? I'd like to get up there for a ride over the summer at some stage... Keen?

peewee

• obsessive maniac
  • Wilko Baggins
#8 Re: Pedals
July 11, 2017, 12:24:19 pm
Hang around Chatburn and you can't miss him, need sunglasses when following him.

Paul B

• forum hero
#9 Re: Pedals
July 11, 2017, 02:16:27 pm
Thanks all, I've never had anything really bad from Shimano, although my Sora 2012 shifters are friggin annoying. I'm currently erring towards the looks. Paul B have you become a MAMIL now? I'd like to get up there for a ride over the summer at some stage... Keen?

I bought a Ribble R872 (used) about 2 months ago now and instantly lost psych to go climbing.

Myself, Peewee, Dudley etc. would no doubt be keen (spare room and lockable bike storage are available; give me a nudge on Facebook it'd be good to see you).

Hang around Chatburn and you can't miss him, need sunglasses when following him.

Do you think with my past history, anything other than high vis. is a good idea? I remember Ned turning up at the Foundry dressed head to toe in black having just been knocked off his bike.

steveri

• forum abuser
  • More average than you
    • Some poor pictures
#10 Re: Pedals
July 11, 2017, 03:42:03 pm
I read a review that says if you clean the cleats it stops. But maybe you could do with a new pair after that distance?

Good news - annoying creak gone. Took pedal off, cleaned up pedal/crank and greased - back to stealthy pedalling. Bit of play I felt is nothing and not apparent on the bike.

TobyD

• forum hero
#11 Re: Pedals
July 12, 2017, 12:21:57 am

Good news - annoying creak gone. Took pedal off, cleaned up pedal/crank and greased - back to stealthy pedalling. Bit of play I felt is nothing and not apparent on the bike.

Nice. I'll probably get the looks. Although the Boardman pro pedals are a mere 36 quid, and pretty light too... But know nowt about their reputation

TobyD

• forum hero
#12 Re: Pedals
July 12, 2017, 12:22:38 am

I bought a Ribble R872 (used) about 2 months ago now and instantly lost psych to go climbing.

Myself, Peewee, Dudley etc. would no doubt be keen (spare room and lockable bike storage are available; give me a nudge on Facebook it'd be good to see you).

Do you think with my past history, anything other than high vis. is a good idea? I remember Ned turning up at the Foundry dressed head to toe in black having just been knocked off his bike.

Cool. I'll be in touch T

peewee

• obsessive maniac
  • Wilko Baggins
#13 Re: Pedals
July 12, 2017, 12:38:48 pm

[/quote]

In keeping with the subtle colour scheme of the vRs. :jab: :jab:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal