UKBouldering.com

MTB in the peak this weekend? (Read 3263 times)

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
MTB in the peak this weekend?
June 28, 2017, 11:22:12 am
Can anyone share any good rides in the peak (gpx files please). I'll be up this weekend and would love to sample some of the apparently great mountain biking in the area. As a backup I don't mind going to Wharncliffe but if there's an amazing 30-50k loop on natural trails then that would be my preference.

Thanks in advance.

Catcheemonkey

• addict
#1 Re: MTB in the peak this weekend?
June 29, 2017, 09:56:22 am
There's just so much to go at - you won't struggle to find a ride.

Popular start points are Ladybower, Hope and Edale - these can be busy at weekends but mainly because there's so much good riding in this bit of the peak.

Have a look at http://flattyres-mtb.co.uk/route-guides/peak-district-mtb-routes/ for inspiration. You should be able to patch together a pretty good ride in 50 km.

The Vertebrate guidebooks cover a lot of the classic rides in the Dark and White Peak - worth picking up a copy if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#2 Re: MTB in the peak this weekend?
July 03, 2017, 09:14:19 am
Thanks for the pointer. I ended up doing a short ride up and down cut gate. It was surprisingly good fun for a bridle way! It's all rideable and whilst not mega technical it is certainly challenging so I enjoyed it more than I thought I would!  ;D

Made me want to do some more exploring in the peak... I also noticed some large dark grey/brown rocks whilst out and about... We're are those for again?

Catcheemonkey

• addict
#3 Re: MTB in the peak this weekend?
July 03, 2017, 11:26:51 pm
Cut gate is definitely a classic. Glad you had a good ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomtom

• forum hero
#4 Re: MTB in the peak this weekend?
July 04, 2017, 07:36:42 am

Made me want to do some more exploring in the peak... I also noticed some large dark grey/brown rocks whilst out and about... We're are those for again?

Training. So you can get better at climbing indoors.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal