UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 378 22nd - 28th May (Read 9435 times)

Duma

• forum hero
Goals:
8A (Hunters Roof? Godzilla?)and 8b by June. 8b is going to have to wait till after Rocklands now I think.
In shape for SA in summer.

Body Audit: Ok.
Sleep: Decent.
70.5kg.  :spank:

M: TCA, was supposed to be a light session as getting out on Tues, but got a bit carried away on the Mothership. Chuffed to repeat white up the middle first go easily - took couple of sessions a few weeks ago. Also good progress (overlapping halves) on the Orange up the middle that felt nails last month.  (~6,5hrs, 1dk)
T: Biblins, bit off the pace from Monday, but ok evening - usual warm ups and managed a new to me link (Bulging Top 7A+) before getting on to Godzilla -
 stacked mats so could jump to finish and make sure the match worked, which it did, then failed to hold crux from start until started to go backwards. Fell off the end of three nine's new thing (Mexican Radio 7B) at the end of session. (7hrs, 0dk)
W: TCA, three days on not ideal but had had three days off last weekend and not climbing thurs or fri. Stuck to volume - 700 moves mostly v easy but a few reps of the 7a on the steep circuit board. Stupidly hot. (~6hrs, 2dk)
T: Nothing (~7hrs, 2dk)
F: Nothing, drive to Cornwall in eve. Amazing lightning show as we arrived, but not ideal for sleep. (~6.5hrs, 0dk)
S: Tintagel, pissed down overnight but decent nick by lunchtime when we got to crag for low tide. Great afternoon, repeated Purple Haze (7A) first go and AWOL stand (7A+) at end of warm up, then worked out the hard bits of AWOL Apprentice RH (7C+) pretty quick. Took longer than it ought to get a sequence for the second half, which was fine really, but went pretty quick once I'd decided what to do. Pleased with this, was the main aim of the weekend and climbs nicer than AWOL IMO. Felt very close to Path of Daggers (7C+), doing first 2 moves every go, but never quite caught 3rd move well enough, then incoming tide combined with bit of swell running forced a retreat. Brief surf in lumpy nonsense at Widemouth in eve, rubbish but nice to be in the waves for the first time this year. (~7.5hrs, 5dk)
S: Tintagel again, body feeling it but still managed ok. Did Man O'War (6C+) and the sitter (7A) first go, but got nowhere on PoD so sacked that off straight away and lowered sights. Purple Pants (7B) was good, pumpy link into Purple have which climbs really well, first go but had beta for start and have done Purple Haze loads. Then All Along the Watchtower (7B) which felt harder than I expected, though that may have been skin pain more than physical difficulty... Finished off flashing The Hurlers sit (7A) well soft but above a massive rock pool... rain stopped play but we were all knackered by then anyway. Surf at Sandymouth in eve, really lovely, only waist to shoulder but nice and clean, not too many folk in, actually caught a worthwhile wave for the first time since last summer! (~7.5hrs, 3dk)

Fucking great weekend.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Having thought I was getting back in the game, along comes a work trip to Poland...

S - nowt, tying off loose ends at home then Leeds Bradford to meet the other guys flying out, beers, burger for dinner, flight, landed midnight Krakow time, taxi, hotel, beer, then bed.
M - office, hotel, beers
T - see Monday
W - see Monday
T - early flight feeling absolutely shocking, get home to heatwave and making up brownie points
F - nowt
S - nowt
S - nowt
M - wet Bank Holiday Monday, took Una to the wall and she loved it. Even got to do about half an hour of flash-pump inducing running about myself.

Need to draw a line under last week and crack on. Sadly work is cray so not going to get to gym on lunches so might look into early start and morning sessions.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Fucking great weekend.

Nice, I've not been in the water since Xmas holidays. 5 weeks til Lanzarote though!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal