UKBouldering.com

VW Golf window issue (Read 2315 times)

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
VW Golf window issue
May 16, 2017, 12:33:05 pm
Upon returning home on a dog walk this morning before work, I came outside the house after parking up and retrieving my
work stuff to find both windows of our VW Golf fully open. Initially the passenger side window button wouldn't work but it did after a short time. I only managed to get the driver side one up by pressing the lock button on the fob for about three seconds as a mate suggested. Currently waiting for an autoelectrician to fix the issue but I'm left wondering and worrying why both front windows were down. I never opened them as it was lashing down. Has anybody experienced a similar issue before? This thread is all I could find on the matter:

http://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/5105-windows-opening-while-parked/

Terrible start to the day!

tomtom

• forum hero
#1 Re: VW Golf window issue
May 16, 2017, 12:52:34 pm
If you hold the unlock button down on the remote, after a couple of seconds the windows wind down. If you sit on said button..... happened to our neighbour - ended up with a wet car.

Monolith

• forum hero
#2 Re: VW Golf window issue
May 16, 2017, 12:55:11 pm
I hadn't realised that until Youngy of these pastures told me of that feature. I hadn't sat down though and am fairly sure my keys were on the table in the interim. That stuff about interference could be relevant? We live opposite a railway line which one person in that thread mentions. Totally puzzled.

Paul B

• forum hero
#3 Re: VW Golf window issue
May 16, 2017, 02:55:44 pm
I've done it with the Octy a few times now by mistake. It's an annoying feature.

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#4 Re: VW Golf window issue
May 16, 2017, 03:00:56 pm
Oh man, I've finally found the cause of the "why is my car alarm going off in the middle of the night and the passenger side window is down when I go to investigate?" problem.

dave

#5 Re: VW Golf window issue
May 16, 2017, 03:07:26 pm
My passat does this, but since the remote locking only now works when the key fob is within 4 inches of the drivers door it's not a problem.

Monolith

• forum hero
#6 Re: VW Golf window issue
May 16, 2017, 03:33:18 pm
Been working in the Spoons by the garage all day waiting for a fix. "Grab a pint" was the mechanics advice.  :slap:

mark20

• junky
#7 Re: VW Golf window issue
May 16, 2017, 05:25:31 pm
My passat does this, but since the remote locking only now works when the key fob is within 4 inches of the drivers door it's not a problem.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal