UKBouldering.com

Smart Turbo training knowledge (Read 3395 times)

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
Smart Turbo training knowledge
April 30, 2017, 04:25:27 pm
Does anyone have a tacX vortex turbo? Do I need extra sensors to be able to use it, or is it possible with just a. Android phone and tablet with Bluetooth? Cheers...

Mark Lloyd

• menacing presence
#1 Re: Smart Turbo training knowledge
April 30, 2017, 06:02:31 pm
I use mine with just an ipad/ iphone so thats a yes

TobyD

• forum hero
#2 Re: Smart Turbo training knowledge
May 01, 2017, 07:24:35 am
I use mine with just an ipad/ iphone so thats a yes
Thanks mark! That's what I thought I should be able to do. If I can probe you further.... It seems to connect, but when I try to calibrate it on phone or tablet, all I get is a message saying that it can't connect. Sorry for the questions but so far you've been more help than either tacx, or 2 bike shops... Good old UkB!

I have green light flashing on the unit, and a tick in the box on the app, and the trainer shows on my Bluetooth menu on the phone. I'm confused!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#3 Re: Smart Turbo training knowledge
May 01, 2017, 11:41:10 am
I think mine is a wahoo something, but you just switch on bluetooth and it connects, then shows reading as you start pedalling? Have you tried other apps, i think there are a few that will work with the TT, some you might have to pay for but can get a free trial.

Mark Lloyd

• menacing presence
#4 Re: Smart Turbo training knowledge
May 01, 2017, 07:36:43 pm
Been using the tacx app on an ipad initially but recently the connection has been playing up so switched to an iphone which is working ok. The ipad seems to connect but when try to do a workout or calibrate says it needs a device connected ?. So dont know what has changed over the last couple of months. So sounds similiar to what your experiencing. When i use the iphone it connects fine and everything works smoothly. I,ve been using mine in the garage where the wireless internet is intermittant so i wonder if a permanate internet connection is needed although it should work standalone once youve downloaded a video or setup a workout

Mark Lloyd

• menacing presence
#5 Re: Smart Turbo training knowledge
May 01, 2017, 07:41:44 pm
When the ipad stopped working started using my phone and downloaded the tacx utility app which allows you to upgrade the software which i did but the ipad still didnt work which is pissing me off as that has the only video i,ve downloaded so far. So i dont know what to suggest in your case

TobyD

• forum hero
#6 Re: Smart Turbo training knowledge
May 02, 2017, 11:48:17 pm
When the ipad stopped working started using my phone and downloaded the tacx utility app which allows you to upgrade the software which i did but the ipad still didnt work which is pissing me off as that has the only video i,ve downloaded so far. So i dont know what to suggest in your case
Yes I have tried that with the utility app too,! Currently exchanging emails with tacX, I'll let you and the ukB cycling massive know if I discover anything useful!

Also: may be to do with phone/ tablet software version? I have android 6.0.1 on the phone. Hmmm...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal