UKBouldering.com

Stanage Plantation Parking (Read 17736 times)

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#50 Re: Stanage Plantation Parking
May 08, 2017, 10:07:44 am
Did anyone apply for an annual pass?  Just realised I sent off an application over a month ago but haven't received anything yet.  Anyone got theirs?

I paid by debit card over the phone and got it in the post the next day.

Prepare to be underwhelmed by the way- in contrast to the cool Stanage sticker (which I'm keeping in my window just 'cos it looks nice) the Peak pass is just a piece of blue card with your permit number and expiry date written on in biro. The advantage is that you could swap it between cars, lend it out while you're on holiday etc. I suppose.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#51 Re: Stanage Plantation Parking
May 08, 2017, 10:21:35 am
Cheers, the pass is poxy beyond belief, surprised they've not switched to a sticker or something that ties it to the vehicle if they're turning into a money grabbing corporation.

I'll chase them up. The payment's not been taken so looks like the letter got lost along the way (think I forgot to send it, ended up taking it on holiday and posting it in Devon, so it's maybe awaiting the regular quarterly sorting in some backwater village depot).

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#52 Re: Stanage Plantation Parking
March 16, 2020, 08:57:01 am
Well the latest on this seems to be they are enforcing it. Got ticketed the other day, sign in carpark still says Peak District National Park but penalty charge is from Derbyshire County Council via ParkSmarter (is that legit??).

Considering just emailing and saying "Penalty Charge not valid due to Coronavirus"  :-\

crzylgs

• stalker
#53 Re: Stanage Plantation Parking
March 16, 2020, 12:38:00 pm
sign in carpark still says Peak District National Park but penalty charge is from Derbyshire County Council via ParkSmarter (is that legit??).

Almost certainly not.

After years of rogue ticketing/clamping getting away with murder there are now actually a lot of technical hoops and jumps on your side to argue/dispute/not pay things like this.

If you think you have a legit reason not to pay the fine, head over to:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/categories/parking-tickets-fines-parking

Helped me a lot when my mother got a ticket doing Xmas shopping a couple years ago.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#54 Re: Stanage Plantation Parking
March 16, 2020, 01:10:15 pm
All that stuff is about PRIVATE parking tickets. Councils are not bound by the same rules and the technical defences don't work.

Paul B

• forum hero
#55 Re: Stanage Plantation Parking
March 16, 2020, 02:05:01 pm
What I want to know is if he left the engine on or not?  :worms:

JamieG

• forum hero
#56 Re: Stanage Plantation Parking
January 03, 2024, 04:46:49 pm
Does the plantation car park accept cards? Or one of the many parking apps? Or do I need coins?

T_B

• forum hero
#57 Re: Stanage Plantation Parking
January 03, 2024, 04:54:23 pm
It takes cards Jamie.

JamieG

• forum hero
#58 Re: Stanage Plantation Parking
January 03, 2024, 04:56:35 pm
Cheers T_B.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal